fuel tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montizano

Reaction score
hi folks this may sound like a madmor daft question but here goes

has any one thought about fitting a tank from a sports bike like a gsxr or cbr to the vmax as a extra range tank ,do you know if and what type of tank would fit ? as i have a vmax trike ansd 15 ltrs of fuel dont last to long lol any help with this wouldbe most helpfull

thanks johnboy

There are companies overseas that make add on tanks for the Vmax. They do go in place of the stock fuax tank cover. I think they look like crap myself but to each his own. There is pretty much no room with the stock airbox system. If you went to stage seven (and header) then you could maybe make a tank to fit in there.

Sean

Another lower cost/effort is a tank from tourtank.com - I have the 2.25 gal tank and I put it on when touring up here in north country.

Mike

If it's a trike you oughtta be able to find room somewhere to add a universal tank of some sort.

As for the regular bike, the big faux tank thing looks horrible to me, and the one I've seen that replaces the rear seat is like $800 bucks.

When hitting the back roads I just carry my saddle bags and a one gallon can in each bag. If you run out of gas down in the Big Bend region of Texas you'll be Coyote shit before anyone finds you.....

hi folks this may sound like a madmor daft question but here goes

has any one thought about fitting a tank from a sports bike like a gsxr or cbr to the vmax as a extra range tank ,do you know if and what type of tank would fit ? as i have a vmax trike ansd 15 ltrs of fuel dont last to long lol any help with this wouldbe most helpfull

thanks johnboy

Look at www.exactrep.com It's in the U.K. so it's close... I ordered from them and got my stuff in less than two weeks...:eusa_dance:

info_11.html
extra-fuel-tank-click-here.JPG

That isnt so bad but 6 ltr for 1500+-USD DANG!!

They're hugely expensive and don't give you much additional fuel. To me it's not worth it but if you do lots of riding in "the boonies" I could see how every drop would count.

Even in the Adirondacks you're at worst maybe 30-40mi from a gas station...within reserve range on grandma riding mode.

As Sean says, the downdraught carbs means that there is very little space to play with so I suspect that without a lot of chopping the short answer is no.

Is it for looks or the extra capacity?

The Tank Shop is even closer to you and could make something bespoke (at a price!) Again I agree with Sean that (to my eyes at least) they don't look pleasant.

If you just want the extra capacity then a BRM 20 litre (also available from Exactrep) tank will give about 150 miles.

Latest posts

Back