Installed Morley muscle kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey all, got Sean's jet kit installed today. Had a few issues, of course, but all in all not too bad. I had never messed with the carbs on anything before so I took my time and kept coming in to look at the appropriate stickys on here. The only real problem I had was getting the T hooked back to the bottom of the airbox.

My initial set up is 155 mains, stage 7 needle 2nd clip from the blunt end, a/f 2.5 turns out, shorter springs and the slides were already drilled out. I went with this setup because the carb guru is at the same altitude as me, has a 4-1 exhuast like mine and this is real close to what he is running. The po had put in a stage 1 kit with dynojet 170 mains. These are a little bigger than the mikuni 157.5's and had always been rich. Took it out for a quick spin and HOLY SHIT, this thing sounds badass! The intake sound when you crack the throttle is ridiculous.

Only issue I am having is that two of my carb drains are leaking. They were fine before I opened them to drain the carbs, and I've got them shut as much as possible, but they are seeping gas. Any suggestions?

I guess now I just need to get in on a dyno to really get it dialed in. If you are considering getting one of Sean's kits, I would highly recommend pulling the trigger. Thanks to Mark (Maleko) for the help along the way.

Great! Remove drain screws, polish the end and put a new Oring on.

If it's leaking about the screw you need the oring. If it's out the drain hose you need to polish up the end of the screw.

Sean

Latest posts

Back