Aaaargh No Spark

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What "year" of Vmax are you running. The inputs on the Ignitech are different for different years. 85-89, or 90-up. When I first put in the ignitech, the wrong inputs were turned on, and I couldnt get the bike started.

When you open the ignitech program, for 90- up map, on the miscellaneous tab, Halfway down on the page, input 1 should be off and input 2 should be set to blocking.

Is it set like that?

Last edited:
You have to sign up for the docs----It should be listed in factory instructions.
http://www.ignitech.cz/en/vyrobky/tcip/tcip4 manual

Vmax isnt listed in the Factory instructions, everything was actually developed by Dingy, based off of the firing order, wasted spark, etc.

If you contact Ignitech itself inquiring about using it for a Vmax, they will tell you there isnt one. Dingy has instructions for for 85-89 and 90 up, on the instillation disc that gets sent with the ignitech.

I thought it was sent out with the program installed.
When you say 'open the ignitech program' do you mean I have to hook up a laptop to the unit on the bike ?

I thought it was sent out with the program installed.
When you say 'open the ignitech program' do you mean I have to hook up a laptop to the unit on the bike ?

Yes it IS sent out with the program installed....BUT, sometimes there is human error involve.

Yes, hook a laptop up with the supplied data cable, and start the program into the ignitech. It will also allow you to reprogram the ignitech a bit. The maps that i sent to people usually had the initial timing at 10 degrees instead of 3 which is stock. Makes them more responsive off idle.

Remember that if your going to make changes and program the ignitech, do it with the key ON, but the bike not running, you dont want to change the perimeters WHILE the bike is running, damage could result.

I copied the files off of the disk, and now I just have in ignitec file that has various maps, and the execute files.

If you havent, then yes. Its the TCIP4A_v88 file is what you will need to click on to run everything. Once its open, across you will find COM, click on that, and set it to auto. That will find the best channel to communicate with the computer.

Ok cool.
I'll rebuild the ignition switch first so I dont have to wiggle it.
And then hook up and check what you said on ptevious page.

Ok cool.
I'll rebuild the ignition switch first so I dont have to wiggle it.
And then hook up and check what you said on ptevious page.

Thats cool, and you can always get me thru my email as well, (Its in my signature), incase you cant find the disc, and you need some bits for the ignitec.

Awesome Job Eric, I know you spent a LOT of time testing the various Ignitech settings and it's Great to see you share that knowledge with other Ignitech owners when needed.
If I ever need a new TCI I'll most likely get the Ignitech and I will be emailing you for that info as soon as I do. :D

Awesome Job Eric, I know you spent a LOT of time testing the various Ignitech settings and it's Great to see you share that knowledge with other Ignitech owners when needed.
If I ever need a new TCI I'll most likely get the Ignitech and I will be emailing you for that info as soon as I do. :D

Please do, I happen to like them a lot. Thanks Dennis.:punk:

Starting to get pissed off.
Tried to install the cable drive program but it doesnt have one for windows 8 on it.
I can see the info but cannot get laptop to talk to igni unit.
Missus saying "why didnt you leave it standard' and beginning to agree with her.
Cant open IGN files on disc eitherr:bang head:

Attachments

• 20160912_192935.jpg
    20160912_192935.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 11
Starting to get pissed off.
Tried to install the cable drive program but it doesnt have one for windows 8 on it.
I can see the info but cannot get laptop to talk to igni unit.
Missus saying "why didnt you leave it standard' and beginning to agree with her.
Cant open IGN files on disc eitherr:bang head:

PM me your email, and I will send you what I have.

Back