Valve Adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just tore the MITYMAX down for it's 3rd Valve adjustment.Didn't need shims this time.Valve lash for intake & exhaust were to factory specs.Only took us 3 hours.If u haven't had this done yet,these pic's will show what to expect. Have fun.:biglaugh:

Attachments

• valves1.jpg
    valves1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 193
  • valves5.jpg
    valves5.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 179
  • valves4.jpg
    valves4.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 187
  • valves3.jpg
    valves3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 186
  • valves7.jpg
    valves7.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 171
How'd you get the front valve cover off without taking the Carb Boots or more off????
I'd been told I'd have to take the Vboost Runners off too. You made it all look easy.
Are you ever gonna vacation in Florida????:rofl_200:

Great Job, Rusty...

How'd you get the front valve cover off without taking the Carb Boots or more off????
I'd been told I'd have to take the Vboost Runners off too. You made it all look easy.

Great Job, Rusty...
The truth is Dave,when I said us I ment me & my mechanic "Nick".He worked while I took pic's, talked a lot & got in his way.He took the thing apart & put it back together so fast I couldn't believe it.Nick deserves all the credit.It's to bad he's not on are forum.I wouldn't know what to do without him.:worthy:

The truth is Dave,when I said us I ment me & my mechanic "Nick".He worked while I took pic's, talked a lot & got in his way.He took the thing apart & put it back together so fast I couldn't believe it.Nick deserves all the credit.It's to bad he's not on are forum.I wouldn't know what to do without him.:worthy:

Everybody has a job to do Rusty.....that's a tough one but someone has to do it!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Great Job, Rusty...

just the carbs have to come off. i didn't even have to drain my coolant.

Seems like after an "initial" adjustment once the motor breaks in.....things don't change a whole lot. Someone else here posted a similar story....some adjustments on the first look, the second look everything was still perfect.

Latest posts

Back