Sparkplug Socket/VMAX Black Paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the size, etc. of the sparkplug socket for my vmax? I am going to buy one tomorrow. I know it is really narrow cause there is not much room down in the sparkplug hole. Guess I will go to Harbor Freight.

Also, does anyone know the factory vmax black paint code, or manu.? I am going to buy a small quantity of it from the automotive paint store. My vmax is a 98.

Thanks!!

Forgot one more thing. The length of the extension piece between the socket wrench and the socket. The area above the sparkplug is too small for my socket wrench head. Thanks.

I have to use an 18mm on all my NGK's. What are you guys using that needs a 17mm? Then I use the deep socket, wobble, and 6" extension.

Sean

The ColorRite paint (004B) is $87 for 8 ounces and it requires Base 1492, same price. So for touching up the engine, I'd be looking at minimum $180. Did not really want to spend that much.

My idea was to buy the deluxe air brush from Harbor Freight (very good reviews) and to put back the paint where faded off of the engine and other spots. I think the air brush idea is good, it is just the high cost of the ColorRite paint.

A problem I will have using a rattle can is overspray and not being able to direct a small spray pattern in those small areas.

If you have repainted vmax engine parts (while still on the bike) and had success using paint other than ColorRite, write a reply and tell me the paint.

This is the last step in rejuvinating this long sitting 98. Thanks!

PS: Thanks for the socket info.

Regardless of the old nature of the original poster, the paint which I have used is a Dupli-Color Ford engine enamel. Captain Kyle does a good job of masking off the engine to paint it in the frame, you might try using some descriptive terms and using the advanced search function with his name.

Latest posts

Back