front spoiler/ air dam ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
I took this pic off another post from Voltage. I like the front lower...scoop/spoiler. I was told that it stops the bike from "getting light" at high speed....Any truth to that? If it helps, I would certainly install one...and who has the best deal on one? thanks.

Attachments

• vmx7front spoiler.jpg
    vmx7front spoiler.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, the Vmax isn't that fast that it needs a spoiler. It may provide some downforce, but downforce soaks up power, and if you don't need it, then it's just a waste of energy.

And dude, you gotta lose that dark blue type. It's impossible to read against the gray background without highlighting it.

I took this pic off another post from Voltage. I like the front lower...scoop/spoiler. I was told that it stops the bike from "getting light" at high speed....Any truth to that? If it helps, I would certainly install one...and who has the best deal on one? thanks.
I fabricated a scoop for my bike, that I use for touring only. It looks similar to the one in the pic, although mine covers more of the exhaust pipes. It was shaped to provide air pressure downwards, and to the sides. I cannot say how well it performs as far as keeping the front end connected to the pavement, but it does improve gas mileage measurably. My guess would that any scoop of the shape in the pic would tend to keep the front end down, based on the testing and design of race car bodywork.
Cheers, Miles

I fabricated a scoop for my bike, that I use for touring only. It looks similar to the one in the pic, although mine covers more of the exhaust pipes. It was shaped to provide air pressure downwards, and to the sides. I cannot say how well it performs as far as keeping the front end connected to the pavement, but it does improve gas mileage measurably. My guess would that any scoop of the shape in the pic would tend to keep the front end down, based on the testing and design of race car bodywork.
Cheers, Miles

Thank you miles for your reply.And I agree with you that it would in fact help.It looks very functional.I would be seriously tempted to try it.

Nah, the Vmax isn't that fast that it needs a spoiler. It may provide some downforce, but downforce soaks up power, and if you don't need it, then it's just a waste of energy.

And dude, you gotta lose that dark blue type. It's impossible to read against the gray background without highlighting it.

Better......?:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back