Throttle cable broke

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
I was pulling out of a bike night cruise and SNAP there went the throttle, after checking it out ( at midnight on the side of the road) I see there's a point where it splits into two lines, my question does it come apart there or do I need to buy the whole cable? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I guess you are running stock carbs so there are 4 cables. They are joined together in that plastic lil box 1 is a pull and the other is a push. I have a set of motion pro upper cables in braided i can sell you since i swithed to flatsides?

There are four separate cables. There's a junction slider box under the left steering neck cover.

1) open cable from throttle grip to junction box. (1FK-26311-01-00)
2) Open cable from junction to carbs. (1FK-26313-01-00)
3) Close cable from throttle grip to junction. (1FK-26312-01-00)
4) Close cable from junction to carbs. (1FK-2631J-00-00)

Where exactly did it snap? It may be time to replace all four. How often do you lube them? I recommend getting a cable luber/lube and performing that service yearly.

Oh yea, forgot about that, I'm running Vgas carbs, will stock cables work or do I need to get a special cable?

You are shit out of luck so you will have to goto wild bothers i just bought a set of braided cables for my flatsides from wild brothers

$125.00 for a throttle cable!!! Yikes and there goes riding all weekend. Does anyone know how long it takes to get these cables?

curious, was it the vgas carbs that made the stock cable snap you think?

It broke right at the handlebars where it connects to the handgrip, can't I just put a stock piece on to where it splits?

No its 2 cables,1push and 1pull. Stock is 4 joined together at the plastic box. I got mine for under 100 bucks had them in 4days.

some shops can replace the cable. using you old housing then cut the cable to length.
and then put an end on it. And the ones i've seen done have held up . just a thought

I actually took the return cables and made them the pull cables for now until I get the right cables, I'm just using the carb springs as returns for now. So thanks guys for your help, I appreciate it. Ed

Latest posts

Back