Pea shooter again?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaleDeth

Reaction score
Yesterday I did the pea shooter, and will have to say that at first I was ready to hug someone. I should probably start at the beginning...

Before pea'n on it :ummm: the bike would run ok for the first 14- 18 miles then start missing out, idle rough just ran like crap and it would be off and on for a few miles (10ish) then clear up and then come back. Actually it might have started around 18 miles then just gotten worse and started doing at 14 miles each ride, anyways.

After the pea shooter all I can say is WOW! That dude ran great, smooth throttle response on take off the whole works. So I decided to take it where I have always been scared to, in town. (yeah stop lights worried me, I had the hot start prob to, new battery fixed that for now).

Well this time the spitting came at 22 miles and stayed on and off for 20 miles.

Should I try the pea shooter again os should I go for the shot gun?

If it runs good until the bike warms enough to kick on the fan, it's most likely the voltage going lower than your CDI box likes, causing all kinds of misfiring, at random - could be any cylinder.

Get your charging system tuned up as DMAN999 has pointed out.

I really never thought that low voltage would cause it, but I never really thought about it. It makes total centz now though. When it starts miss-firing I can hear the carbs when I gas it and they actually sound flooded. So if is not sparking that would be the result, yes? It has pods so I can hear the carbs rather well.

As far as the fan goes I don't even know if it works, never seen it run.

Latest posts

Back