stage 1 or 7 jet kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittnathan

Reaction score
Hi. I've a full exhaust system on my bike with stock jets. I've been told it would be a good idea to up jet to stage 1 0r 7 What are the pro's and cons of both? Will 7 cost me my v-boost? Is there much real world difference betweeen them or is it just the seam of your pants difference? Any advise or experiance would be great as I'm booked in for tuesdsay. Thanks

I use stock parts and a modified set up on both my bikes. If you go to stage 1 you'll
likely lose performance. If you go stage 7, you need special equipment to get a good sync..
CaptainKyle may be coming to the rescue but his stuff is still in the testing phase...

Dont waste money on a stage 1 ! best thing to do if you dont want stage 7 is get smaller mains & shim your needles. I have the jets here. Stage 7 is a bit of diffrence most people get rid of the Vboost but I have a proven fact sitting in my garage that a stage 7 will run very well with the Vboost intact just a little extra tuning.

Pittnathan, don't waste your money on stage 1. My bike came with this installed and it ran like crap. I put Sean's muscle kit in last weekend and it is a night and day difference. I don't have any experience with the stage 7, so no opinion there. Good luck.

Please let me know if you get it running good with a stage 1. Of course I'll feel bad....lol.You guys did warn me, but I had lots of time then. There is something very strange about the shape of Stage 1 needles. I couldn't get them to give me any milage at all. WOT they would prob work fine. Unless racing, how much time would you spend there (wot)
The only thing in the kit (stage 1) I liked were the springs. I'd buy a Morley or Stage 7. Talk to people that have each. Juat my h.o.
On the cheap, Kyle's told you what you can do.
Steve

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. Stage 1 sounds a no go to me. I'm sending it to a place called Tim Blakemoore Racing who uses a rolling road to set it up but he only uses dynojet equipement.. Performance wise is there much difference between stock, smaller jets and stage 7? Also will it idle like a pig at stage 7?

Stage seven can run just fine. But, it's designed for top end power. Our Muscle kit has more mid range and low end with the same power as stage seven on top. In fact some have found it to make more power but I don't normally advertise that.

It's also cheaper. I can actually sell you both the dynojet kit as well as ours.

Sean

How much is your muscle kit? I forgot to say that my bike came with cobra slip on's as well as headers. I no there not too clever power wise, but am I wasting money doing the carbs with them on? I can't really afford to change them and also like the look.

If you have cobra's you are more then wasting your time. Find the stock mufflers and you'll get 10-15 hp back. They are a slip-on and not a "header" type system. A full "header" would replace the entire stock exhaust system. If you aren't sure what you have you can post up a picture.

Our kit by the way runs $300 with exchange of your airbox lid. It includes a lot of stage seven parts in it as well. BUT, I must stress if you have Cobra's you are for sure wasting your time. To get it running the best it can with them you need to put in 145-147.5 main jets (I have them for $10 a set).

Sean

I thought that might be the case. If I change the main jets will I get my bike upto stock bhp again?

No, you'll maybe get it to 100 with the right jets. Stock will be 105-115. Header and a good jet kit is usually 120-130.

Sean

I thought that might be the case. If I change my main jets will I regain any of my lost hp?

I thought that might be the case. If I change my main jets will I regain any of my lost hp?

Personally I would just wait until you have the cash for a full exhaust system (if that's the way you want to go) and then the Morley kit. As far as changing jets on your bike now, if it's running pretty good now I would just let it be until you can upgrade. You will notice a difference with a full exhaust kit and a good jet kit.

Just my $.02.

Good luck!
Shane

I think you might be right. I've just added a post in the wanted section for an exhaust. I think I've already got aftermarket manifolds.

naths ipone 153.jpg

naths ipone 140.jpg

naths ipone 155.jpg

Are these stock headers or aftermarket ones? Not very clear pictures but it's all ive got at the moment

i can see y you want more hp now..... my bro has a laguna seca blue M3, super sweet car, hes also got another track m3. he's part of the driving club, he actually instructs there....... you ever take your to the track to turn laps?

I've been once. Got kicked off for too much sideways driving! It also cost a fortune in tyres and fuel! Seca blue was my other colour choice. I love my cars and bikes more than my misses!

I've been once. Got kicked off for too much sideways driving! It also cost a fortune in tyres and fuel! Seca blue was my other colour choice. I love my cars and bikes more than my misses!

maybe dont let her hear that too often :rofl_200::rofl_200: or just call your car the misses then you can love her all you want bahahahha

Latest posts

Back