vmax mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S10VMAX

Reaction score
I just bought a 2003 vmax it has k&n air filter and I am going to be ordering marks exhaust for it. what other mods should I do to it ? I am new to the vmax and don't no much about them but I am trying to learn.whats the dif between v boost t boost....stage 1....stage7.....is there a stage 2.3.4.5.6? thanks for any help

I am a vendor and also have a few Maxes of my own but here is from a personal view point: Stock seat sucks, factory exhaust does well but any aftermarket header will improve the performance (slip-ons do very little but weight less), there are a few diff jet kits and don't bother with stage 1 (dynojet has stge 1 and 7 - none inbetween), handling can be improved and a few options for that.

Seats options include:
Mine (Morley's Muscle)
UFO
Sportmax
Seargants
Corbin

Jet Kit Options:
Dynojet stage 1 and 7
Factory Pro
Mine (Morley's Muscle)

V-Boost options:
Sasy (adjustable)
T-Boost (3k on)
Dale Walker Holeshot Autoboost
a few others that are adjustable
stock (which is fine 99% of the time)

Handling upgrades:
Fork Braces - UFO, Superbrace, MEK, many others
Solid Mounts - OEM Royal Star Venture (99 model is OK to use when ordering)
Frame Braces - Sportmax, Over Racing, MEK, many others
Radial Wheels and Tires (many combinations possible but require rear rim at a minimum since none for factory 15" wheel).

Chrome!!!! (I sell it on exchange - LoL)

Of course that is the tip of the iceburg. You can do anything from chain drive conversions to big bore monster power engines.

Sean Morley

thanks guy's ........but I still have one question what is the diff between vboost and tboost ?????????:ummm:

thanks guy's ........but I still have one question what is the diff between vboost and tboost ?????????:ummm:

Vboost is the system the Max comes with that opens the butterflies at around 5700 rpm feeding 2 carbs per cylinder.

Tboost is an aftermarket controller that allows you to adjust when the butterflies open to your choosing (around 5750 rpm or 2875 rpm).

:cheers:

Neil

Actually "T"boost is simply a diode device that doubles the signal to the v-boost valve making it open twice as quickly. There is no adjustablility with it other then stock or on.

Sean

Actually "T"boost is simply a diode device that doubles the signal to the v-boost valve making it open twice as quickly. There is no adjustablility with it other then stock or on.

Sean

But Sean.......
I didn't want to confuse the man right off the bat, so, I kept it simple :rofl_200:

S10VMAX

The vboost control unit monitors the ignition pulses from the third ignition coil on late model wiring harnesses and from the second coil on pre '90 harnesses. Since cylinders 1&3 as well as 2&4 are 180 degrees apart it is possible to monitor two cylinders at the same time and fool the controller into thinking the engine is going twice as fast as it really is. Therefore ... at 3K RPM ... the controller thinks the engine is running at 6K and starts opening the vboost mechanism (actually the controller begins the opening slightly earlier ... about 5750 RPM).

Here you go for full TBoost details: http://vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/TBoost.htm

There are also adjustable controllers allowing you to pick your vboost opening rpm from places like:

http://www.micromachines.ca

http://www.enhancetech.com.au

:cheers:

Neil

is there any good reason to have it adjustable ? is there any draw back just to have it open at 3000...I like more power...but not if its going to make it less reliable

Stock vboost is best. You lose midrange torque with tboost or full open vboost.

Mark

Stock vboost is best. You lose midrange torque with tboost or full open vboost.

Mark

so i will leave the stock v boost alone...alright now onto the next question I am ordering a marks exhaust and I emailed him and have not got a response yet.but my question is with the exhaust dose it come with jets for the carb or dose have info or a base line where to start to jet the carb at :hmmm:

so i will leave the stock v boost alone...alright now onto the next question I am ordering a marks exhaust and I emailed him and have not got a response yet.but my question is with the exhaust dose it come with jets for the carb or dose have info or a base line where to start to jet the carb at :hmmm:
Full exhaust?

I emailed him 3 times and called 3 times and left messages over a 3 week period and he never called me back... :confused2: :ummm:

Needless to say I don't have Marks on mine. I really wanted his too...:bang head:

Full exhaust?

I emailed him 3 times and called 3 times and left messages over a 3 week period and he never called me back... :confused2: :ummm:

Needless to say I don't have Marks on mine. I really wanted his too...:bang head:

oh great.it figures I like the way his exhaust looks and sounds

Call him, he doesn't check his email.

As for jetting.....Stock air box, stock needles and I went down to a 147.5 main jet. Adjust mixture screws using "turn all the way in and then out until engine sounds good" method, sync....you're done!

I'm at about 900 ft above sea level.

Mark

Call him, he doesn't check his email.

As for jetting.....Stock air box, stock needles and I went down to a 147.5 main jet. Adjust mixture screws using "turn all the way in and then out until engine sounds good" method, sync....you're done!

I'm at about 900 ft above sea level.

Mark

i will try and call him tomorrow

Does anyone have and willing to share the original outlaw t- boost installation instruction/guide by chance? Thsnks, Tom

Latest posts

Back