Fly wheel puller

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this is what your looking for.

Thank you, we are close but not quite there!
There should be 3 equally spaced 8mm threaded holes, so the inside diameter of those threaded holes would be about 6.8.
What I need from the modified picture is 2 things, an outside diameter of the flywheel and a measurement from the outside to the the outer wall of one of the threaded holes as per my black marks on the picture. I don't know if the the hole I marked was one of the puller holes but it represents what I'm trying to find.

Thanks again for your help, I really don't want to pull my own cover off to measure anything.

Attachments

• vmax flywheel 002.jpg
    vmax flywheel 002.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 12
Thank you, we are close but not quite there!
There should be 3 equally spaced 8mm threaded holes, so the inside diameter of those threaded holes would be about 6.8.
What I need from the modified picture is 2 things, an outside diameter of the flywheel and a measurement from the outside to the the outer wall of one of the threaded holes as per my black marks on the picture. I don't know if the the hole I marked was one of the puller holes but it represents what I'm trying to find.

Thanks again for your help, I really don't want to pull my own cover off to measure anything.
The 3 evenly spaced holes are the ones on the outside and are 71.25mm apart and measure 38.25 mm for the edge of flywheel to the outer edge of the hole. Measuring across the flywheel on the front is 145 mm

Thanks, but it doesn't seen quite right when I calculate it. Just to confirm that I need measurements A and B from my sketch. The 3 tapped holes will probably have a hole size of 6.8
When I finish my calculations I should end up with about 70 or 72 PCD for the 3 holes.
Thanks again

Attachments

• fw.jpg
    fw.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 12
I like my slotted puller because I can use it on a variety of bikes. I have this one & it is very stout the 3 finger ones dont even compare. There are a couple people here that have seen this thing. I am sure you can make one & offer it to members for a better price than this one though. Thanks for stepping up to the plate & helping out the forum once again. I am sure I would be buying one if I did not already have one. http://www.toolsource.com/stinger-harmonic-balancer-pullerinstaller-p-97218.html

Thanks again but it still isn't stacking up.
I'm convinced from my own puller the holes pcd are either 70 or 72 mm therefore if you are measuring 145 diameter of the pulley then the "B" dimension should be either 34.1 or 33.1 depending on if it is 70 or 72 pcd .
I take it you are still measuring from the same outside diameter (145) and not from another diameter of the f/w?
Thanks again.

I've got some cut down flywheels and could ship one out there!

Sean

Thanks Sean but I'm sure it won't come to that I hope lol.
If I can't get the measurements I could always just drill both sets of holes anyway
or even mill some slots.
The chrome isn't that good anymore on my 1990 stator cover so it will have to come off at some stage so I could always check it then if there wasn't any hurry on the puller.

Had to pull my stator cover off to replace the stator so I got a chance to have a look at the F/W again and a couple of dimensions.
The puller's are now done so I'll ship one off to Mr Morley and the other to naughtyG in OZ in a few days.

Remember anyone is welcome to use the puller but please pay the postage for Sean or naughtyG (in OZ) and make a donation to the website-please.

Don't need the puller at this time Steve but I am thankful and impressed you have made this available! You are "Tops" in my book!
PATMAX

Back