Don't have to work tomorrow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To bad you weren't closer. You could probably put 4 or 5 grand in your pocket just clearing driveways. People would be throwing money at you. way to much snow to shovel or even plow. That big blower is the ticket.

Or better yet, I could borrow my Fathers, 4x4 with a loader 10' blower with heat and a stereo

I really just want move south for the winter as I get older snow has lost it's welcome .

Snow lost it for me 35 years ago in VA. Moved to Atlanta in '79 . We get a bit every year but it thaws quickly and goes away.

Played 9 holes with a friend yesterday. First time out since chemo and radiation ended in May. It was 76* , sunny , no wind and I was 3 over for a blistering 39 on the front side. Whooo Hooo ! ( had 3 , 3 putt greens too, 1 for a birdie ) .

With the big melt is everyone staying above water?

Just a little flooding. I had a few local roads I had to go around, but just 6" to a foot of water at most in a localized area.. I have mostly green grass showing in my yard now. I went from 65" of snow to mostly grass in 3 1/2 days. I guess I have good drainage. Basement is bone dry.

According to the NWS we've had 60" of snowfall so far in 2014. The ~30" that it compacted down to got hit with 2.5 days of warm temps/ rain over the weekend so the sidewalks were able to be cleared off but the drive way was a little mushy. Tuesday were had a fresh 6" of lake effect blanketing the ground and my Kubota driving snow blower guy was back cleaning out my driveway. We're almost to 20% of our annual snowfall and is still November!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost![emoji469]

According to the NWS we've had 60" of snowfall so far in 2014. The ~30" that it compacted down to got hit with 2.5 days of warm temps/ rain over the weekend so the sidewalks were able to be cleared off but the drive way was a little mushy. Tuesday were had a fresh 6" of lake effect blanketing the ground and my Kubota driving snow blower guy was back cleaning out my driveway. We're almost to 20% of our annual snowfall and is still November!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost![emoji469]

When i was real young. Like in the early 60's my dad plowed for the county. Snow came in the beginning of november, and was on the ground until april. We have several pics of snow up to the top of the telephone poles. It's been a long time since we had anything even close to that. I'd sure have a whole lot better snow removal equiptment if that was the norm. My neighbor has a kubota tractor. I dont know the size, but it's big enough to have a front end loader. He has a blower attachment for it, that can really move some snow.

Most of the LEAVES have fallen now due to the windy ( for us ) and cold ( for us ) weather. Got to get my LEAF blower out now I guess , Big Sigh . :rofl_200:

When i was real young. Like in the early 60's my dad plowed for the county. Snow came in the beginning of november, and was on the ground until april. We have several pics of snow up to the top of the telephone poles. It's been a long time since we had anything even close to that. I'd sure have a whole lot better snow removal equiptment if that was the norm. My neighbor has a kubota tractor. I dont know the size, but it's big enough to have a front end loader. He has a blower attachment for it, that can really move some snow.

The Kubota is a 5000 series with a mid mount pto that runs the front mounted blower which has to be around 70" wide and maybe 30" tall. He has a cab that has AC/ heat/ stereo and enough lights to light up a small town. He does my driveway for $12 and it's 100' long with a turnaround near the house.
I agree that the winters now are quite easy when compared to what we had when growing up; now the winters are more like storm events rather than the night after night of snow falling.

Last edited:

As a kid in the northern Adirondacks all the telephone poles had gouges up at the very top where the plow wings would whack them....there was a railroad trestle about a mile down the road that would routinely be packed solid with snow....not much traffic there so quite often they would just leave it plugged till spring, snowfalls had to be at least 2' to even get mentioned and a 'Green Christmas' was something the old timers talked about...."Yep, had one in '29 but they're pretty rare." Now they happen regularly.....things change, patterns shift.

Back