What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raise the cherry-picker up before you release the tension, it will fit!:rofl_200:
They made Dart GT's w/the slant 6 too. (early models)

One of my high-school classmates had a '68 Dart GTS in our senior year, but his father was a Mopar dealer in SW MI. It was a 340. It ran great. Some cool reading for you Mopar guys: http://www.hagerty.com/price-guide/1968-Dodge-Dart
images

At some point we're going to have to get a good block to rebuild the 69 six pack road runner we have.

Sean

I fabbed a taillight/license plate bracket for my rear-fender-less Vmax. Started with a 1/8" X 4" X 4" X 4.5" long piece of aluminum L-angle. I like the position of the light and the red reflection in the top edge of the sissy bar. Still need to fab a close-out but love getting back to my aircraft sheet-metal-mechanic roots.

100_5731.jpg100_5733.jpg

Looks like some NAS1149 bolts though the uppers have way more grip length then needed!

Sean

That's going to take a shoehorn to fit!

I all ready setup to fit right in, I work on it over the summer. It had a 340 in it.

Even have my Mom cars 63 plymouth valiant slant 6 with the push button shift. cover up in the barn.

My brother has My pops 72 Eldorado 500cc bored 30 over tunnel 660cfm x2. kinda like a show car. Crazy front wheels burn out.

Sean I have 1970 440 block it has to be dip and clean not crack...
I sold the heads and crank rods water pump off it. Had the complete motor few months ago. It's bored 30 over.

I may piss on my self when I put my foot in to it.

Itll probably be like the big block Maveric I saw at a car show over the summer. Wish I could find the pics of it... saw a 440 powered Daytona last year at the Woodward Dream Cruise too that I cant find pics off either, lol. Too many damn memory cards laying about, lol.

Itll probably be like the big block Maveric I saw at a car show over the summer. Wish I could find the pics of it... saw a 440 powered Daytona last year at the Woodward Dream Cruise too that I cant find pics off either, lol. Too many damn memory cards laying about, lol.

down the road from me there's gut has a hemi daytona nice guy but don't
get in the car and go for a ride when he's drunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMQV3o_xb_o

Man got board today wifie took the car and truck keys again. Me stuck in the house. So needed something to do, Went out back and mounted ultraman behind the wind screen funny.

Attachments

• P1070688.jpg
    P1070688.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 34
  • P1070695.jpg
    P1070695.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 39
Hey guys its been a while.. :smoke000:

I got both of my vmax's out of storage and ran them hard. Changed fluids and polished them up.

I spent my entire summer removing and rebuilding the cummins from my E350 so I barely had time to enjoy them.

I still have to find and replace the intercooler and install a 12 cm exhaust housing, so the bikes all go into their new heated basement since the wife and kids just moved out.

Anyway.. Just wanted to touch base and say hi!:punk:

720E617D-25A1-4EAF-8D21-A305CB194F0C_zpsbttcvwqn.jpg

98C71BA6-EFCE-4DFA-89B1-A46E17C78B2C_zpsh2oxy0yn.jpg

I swapped the 2 inch competition baffle from the kerker 4-1 to a 2.5 inch one. It made a HUGE difference in the sound. It has more of a rumble now.

I've had a busy few days. I completely stripped down my 97 V-Max so that I can get the frame powder coated before the PCW 1500 shows up. I took the 98 Max that I purchased last summer to repair and resell and pulled the motor as2ond gear is gone. I put the motor from my 97 Max in it. I just rebuilt the carbs for it and am ready to install them. I also had to replace the fuel tank. At one point I had a slight anxiety attack when I looked around the garage at all the parts from two broken down V-Max's I labled and boxed everything up from the 97 and put it away out of sight and that seemed to help. I think I should have the 98 polished and ready for sale in two days.
picture.php

picture.php

At one point I had a slight anxiety attack when I looked around the garage at all the parts from two broken down V-Max's I labled and boxed everything up from the 97 and put it away out of sight and that seemed to help.

Hahaha. I get those even when everything is together..:rofl_200:

I completely stripped down my 97 V-Max so that I can get the frame powder coated before the PCW 1500 shows up.

Sweet! I need one of those for my 39mm's

Brand new?

Install new clock handle bar mounted, Install new upper front brake line change the color to black and the lower 2 lines I lift blue. Bleed the front brakes. I will do the clutch line tomorrow if the weather not to cold.

A pic of the vmax little house for the winter I have see through plexiglass for the sides and heater trips will be mounted on the inside.

I have few more items coming in soon I hope.
Man me keep order stuff for the bike.

I have a big bore kit pistons JE forge, rings, sleeves, cylinder heads front and back, cam chains, valve springs, I may be selling here soon if the guy local don't follow through. I bought this stuff thinking i needed it.

Attachments

• vmax new clock.jpg
    vmax new clock.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 40
  • vmax front bango fitting.jpg
    vmax front bango fitting.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 36
  • P1070706.jpg
    P1070706.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 35
  • vmax house.jpg
    vmax house.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 40
I put it away yesterday after a freakish 68' day. It's a sad day to winterize your boat for the season, then it's even sadder when you have to pack your Vmax into hibernation for the winter. That tease of a day is gone and snow is back into the forecast. I envy you retired guys who haul them south for the winter or just plain live in warm southern states! I won't see mine until April or whenever the frame eating salt washes off the roads in the spring. Sleep tight Max......... (sniff sniff)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416971373419.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416971373419.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 32
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416971391699.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416971391699.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 25
I got one final ride in on Woona today. Temps were near 60*, and I took advantage of this for the final few hours of riding this year.
I should go grab a couple pieces of carpet from somewhere to place under the tires, just because I hear that they should not set directly on the concrete for too long. (why is that, anyways?)

Latest posts

Back