Fat max from Russia project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Привет, Ikka!

Не удивлюсь, если есть еще читающие, но не пишущие :) Как никак этот адрес мне ребята из России насоветовали :)

Живу в Тольятти, http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA вот здесь.

Думаю, стоит писать на английском, чтобы другие понимали, или переходить в личку! В любом случае, приятно видеть русскоязычного человека на иностранном форуме :)))

You'r exactly right Nick, we will keep it in English here. At least we made history with absolutely the first cyrillic / Russian chat in this forum :clapping: My wife is Siberian so our other home is in Omsk and my language skills are result of that. I hope we get more Russian forum members when you spread the word. one more time; Welcome man! :punk:

One of the projects - Hella optics, custom triples and optics mounts. Carrozeria Front rim (made in Russia!!! :)), new handlebar stands.

209948277.jpg

209948296.jpg

209948292.jpg

Very nice (and no they aren't made over there but I am sure there is a warehouse for them over there like there is here).

Sean

I'm loving that front end! Its bad ass. How much extra weight will it add? Are you going to add a place to attach a steering dampener?

Russia's got a great legacy from USSR - factories, that made parts for weaponry - tanks, aircrafts. A lot of know-how things, that you won't find anywhere. Our government, with the help of foreign colleagues is destroying all the industry we have or had.

Many factories had to convert their production to stay alive. One of the factories, that made aluminum alloy wheels for tanks started to make rims for autos and motorcycles. Carrozeria placed a big order for their rims there. I don't know if they're still doing them, or moved to China (everything is made in China now :( ). But it's true - this rim was made in Russia :)

There was time when one of our factories, that made something for army, tried to make aftermarket parts for Harley Davidson.

Our country is dying. We lost industry, culture, our medicine and education is destroyed. 20-30 years, and there will be nothing of us. And that is true. Sad but true. Banana republic with lots of oil, gas and metals.

About the extra weight - I think this front end adds nearly 3 to 10 kilos. I can't tell exactly, cause I didn't measured the stock and new parts. But, everything is made of aluminum alloy, so it's light.

Yes, there will be steering damper. Customer is sending it to me in a few days. I'll make mounts for it. When it's done, I'll post photos.

While the presidency chair dancing remains you will go nowhere. Its a shame what your president/prime minister are doing. Thats playing with the Nation. "Now its my turn to run, ok now its your turn, now its me again..."
This reminds me of an expression i heard a while back and was engraved in my mind forever.
"Democracy is the freedom to choose our own dictators"...

I do appreciate all your history about building machinery and to be honest i see russian engineering as the most simple and most practical. I see this on an aviation point of view but can be extended to different areas. If you are looking for bigger or more powerful we look at russian engineering. Good mechanical engineering but not as much when looking at electronic technology and R&D.

wildweasel_pt, yes it's a shame. And it's our stone that's taking us underwater.

I didn't vote for both of them. Nor did my friends. Everything that goes in our country politics is just a lie. The difference between rich and poor is catastrofic. And there is nothing but hollow words about modernization and innovation. Corruption is beyond any measures.

The biggest problem - most of our people is satisfied with situation. Nation deserves it's rulers...

Enough with politics, it's our cross to bear. :)

As for the tecs - one of our geatest aviation engineer Tupolev said that only beutiful plane will fly good :)
Our Uncle Joe (Stalin) said that cybernetics and genetics is a pseudo-science. And more than 20 years we couldn't develop in these directions. While all the world made discoveries in electronics and DNA, we had idiots, that tried to plant corn seeds in animals!!! That's our sad truth again - if intrested, read about Michurin - here, for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Vladimirovich_Michurin

As for my work - I'll continue to post my new projects here. :)

Nice work mate!

I agree with Fred. I think Russia makes good things that work. No fancy bullshit. No such thing as an autograph etched on. :punk:
It refreshing to see that attitude at work.

One of my custiomers gave me photos of vmax with my front end. Looks great, I think. Ind he also mentioned, that it is driving wonderful :)

209986700.jpg

209986710.jpg

209986712.jpg

209986713.jpg

Right now I'm making new rear rim for him. It will be made from standart hub and the CBR1100XX rear rim. Will weld them together :)

I like the look but think it could be better if it wasn't so large (to keep weight down). Weight is the enemy of handling and power. Especially weight mounted up so high on the chassis.

Sean

Latest posts

Back