feeling sad and cheeted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulVmax

Reaction score
I have bought some 17" wheels for my max after months of waiting they still not arrived I checked ebay to contact the seller and there account no longer exists God Dam it so I have been back and forth from pay pal finally got my money back but no wheels :(

on a better note I have seen you can get a radial type for the front wheel so I am going to use all my money on a rear wheel instead after what size should I get if I want to keep standard swinging arm other do I have to change that as well ?

cheers

I have a Kosman 17" x 5.5" and run at present a 160, which fits fine w/plenty of room, I got it for $40 new from a sportbike guy who got it w/other parts & just wanted to sell it. So a new 110/18 for the front & I did the radial conversion for <$750, rear Kosman, two new Bridgestone BT023's mounted & balanced. It made the biggest improvement in my bike to-date, and I've had the bike 20 years. I can top it out in 4th w/no problem w/weaving or otherwise confidence-destroying handling. I don't need to hit 5th on the roads, maybe I'll go to an open trackday just to have fun. I'll get some-sort of a Go-Pro to do that if/when.

Be glad you got your $ back. I had some carbs I waited on for nearly 10 months, much-longer than I wanted, but the guy had a lot of things going-on at home, and he did deliver a beautifully rebuilt set for the value of ones needing a total going-thru. Thank god I didn't need them for making my bike work, they were spares, a DJ Stage 7 set-up.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 89
I have the 18" Kosman and the widest tire I could fit was a 170/60 and had to do the washer swap for that. You can go wider with the 17" but I like the looks of the 18" better. Too big a gap under the fender. I have the 110/80 -18 on the front and it is about 1" less diameter (1/2" shorter) so the fender looks a little high but not as bad as a 17" wheel.

Next time I will go with a 160/60 rear as there are very few of the 170's available and would like to not have the washer swap.

Paul i have a set of magnesium dymags designed for the vmax for sale... Came from my bike...

img4558d.jpg

img4556s.jpg

Dymags are good wheels for sure! I also have some sets of the Carr wheels left though not nearly as cheap. They are VERY light however for less rotational mass (better handling). You can even run up to a 180 on the rear without notched swingarm.

There is a set of 17" Dymags in our group that has been passed around for over 15 years. As guys have bought/sold their Maxes over the years, those wheels have been kept in the group. They are now on my old 95 Max I sold to one of my best friends. He has 3 Maxes, (95, 97 and 2002). I never had them on one of my Maxes though. Have an 18" Kosman rear and stock front on my 97 as I don't like the look of 17" wheels on the Max.

Those wheels are awesome!!! Curious, how much do both the sets sell for? New to Vmax. Just got my first and won't be my last. Love it! I'm slowly working on getting the handling in check. Can be scary. But add ons go slow. I'm the only income in my family and have 2 sons. Money goes quick and not much left for the Max. But it will get there.

I am not sure who has any Dymags at the moment and i'm running low on the Carr wheels. Only have about 12 sets left.

Weasel, what's up with bike the Dymags came from? If I remember right, it was totally custom
paint based off a cartoon.

I love my 18" converted Vrod wheel (know idea who built it), didn't have to do the washer swap, but did have to do the pivot bolt modification for offset. I personally feel the 18" fills the gap nicely and there are still plenty of rubber options. I'm running a Metzler Marathon 180/55 - 18 with a stock (un-notched) swingarm.

Attachments

• photo (12).jpg
    photo (12).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 45
  • photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 53
Weasel, what's up with bike the Dymags came from? If I remember right, it was totally custom
paint based off a cartoon.

This is up... Taylormades and Otec swinger

Attachments

• 12052012730.jpg
    12052012730.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4534.jpg
    IMG_4534.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4535.jpg
    IMG_4535.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4605.jpg
    IMG_4605.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 1116250_602415486476730_2069436425_o.jpg
    1116250_602415486476730_2069436425_o.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 59
Damn, the Swingarm is nice!! No wonder why you got that $$$ award!! Must have shaven off large weight all that Billet.. Nice ride man!!:punk:

Latest posts

Back