rear wheel washer 86 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news for sure.

Thanks Sean. You have always been supportive of me and my questions.

Your advice was great when I was working on it.

Next is the frount brake callipers and to tighten the steering head bolts.

I just watched your video and will do that on the weekend

Then I will tackle the float levels.

Streets of Korea will not be the same now!
I'm sure a free brake is unleashing some performance.

sounds like they used an impact on the axle nut!

i'd take the wheel off and make sure the bearings feel good..

Hi Garrett
I think you are right ! I think they simply got the air gun did it up tight and took my money

It was a good lesson for me.
I actually thought about pulling the wheel of myself and getting the tire fitted but it was no difference in cost so I just took it to them.

I will do as much as I can by myself from now on.

I went for a big ride last night on the highway and it is so smooth now. The difference is unbelievable.

I have to remember that the bike sat unused in a garage for years and only had 2,000 miles on it when I got it.

I checked the bearing last night and it feels smooth, but I will keep an eye on it
Thanks again for everyones help

I couldn't be happier how everything turned out and how great its running now

Hi Garrett
I think you are right ! I think they simply got the air gun did it up tight and took my money

It was a good lesson for me.
I actually thought about pulling the wheel of myself and getting the tire fitted but it was no difference in cost so I just took it to them.

I will do as much as I can by myself from now on.

I went for a big ride last night on the highway and it is so smooth now. The difference is unbelievable.

I have to remember that the bike sat unused in a garage for years and only had 2,000 miles on it when I got it.

I checked the bearing last night and it feels smooth, but I will keep an eye on it
Thanks again for everyones help

I couldn't be happier how everything turned out and how great its running now

glad to hear it, for the same price i'd take my wheel off, i just don't trust folks anymore, hah.

keep an eye on your rear diff too, could have (although most likely didn't )damage something in there being torqued too high. drain the oil in a few hundred miles makes sure theres no shavings. otherwise have fun!

glad to hear it, for the same price i'd take my wheel off, i just don't trust folks anymore, hah.

keep an eye on your rear diff too, could have (although most likely didn't )damage something in there being torqued too high. drain the oil in a few hundred miles makes sure theres no shavings. otherwise have fun!

I took the wheel of last night and it all appears to be okay with the bearing , no binding or stiffness which is good but I may change the bearing anyway.

I spoke to the previous owner and he has no memory if it was changed or not.

He use to just take it to the dealer and let them do what ever.

BUT!!!!

After I had the wheel off I noticed that they had put no grease on the gears when they replaced the wheel.

I greased it and replaced the wheel and then changed the diff oil.

No metal in the oil but I will check again when I do an engine oil change in August.

I know it's not an expensive bike but I enjoy riding it more than the Gen 2 I had.

There is something raw and exciting riding it than the smooth and perfect gen 2.

But no matter what the cost or age, If I am paying I expect it to be done properly.

Its very dissapointing.

Thank goodness for this site to hear from people that care and support when possible

It's a great forum.

Latest posts

Back