UFO Maxdaddy Wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope! I weighed a stocker with 1100 miles on it against the Max Daddy with a 180/55/17 tire and it weighed 3 or so pounds more...:damn angry:

Which is funny because Jon told me on the phone it weighed less than stock.

LOL that wasn't directed towards you!

:rofl_200:

But thanks for letting me know how you really feel Shawn!

Plus if I remember right YOU told me to call Bill and buy these wheels from him... Funny how that works...:rofl_200:

I really like those wheels too.I also feel the kosman is good for someone on a budget.That and you are too much fun to pick on! LOL!

Correction these Max daddy wheels are made by Ego trip wheels, in Texas for Jon Cornell, all Jons, wheels are made by Ego Trip.

Mine were sold as RC wheels and came in an RC box.

As for the Maxdaddy wheel I may have jumped to conclusions on that one, but he also told me my RC wheels came out of Texas:ummm:

Does RC make thier own wheels?:ummm:

I'm confused..........

RC is located I believe in KY.

I have spoken to Ego Trip I know they make all the wheels on Jon's site except the RC wheels he also advertises, that might be the reason they were in an RC box He may have put it in that box to hide his real source,he was upset that I knew and told me not to tell others who made his "UFO wheels".

Look at the bladerunner UFO wheel and then look at Ego trip bladerunner hmm the same wheel with the same name there are a couple of them like that Ego trip isn't trying to hide it like Jon is.

thanks a lot shawn,

does anyone know how wide of a tire u can put on a kosman, and what the offset is like?

typically a 180 is max width on a 5.5 wheel. but metzeler says you can put a me 880 200/50/18 on a 5.5-6.0 rims. but to do anything larger than a 180 you would have to notch the swingarm and have an offset.

Remember the old adage Clint...

You get what you pay for!

i agree with 4gasem. i wouldnt buy from jon. i have heard of other people having issues with his wheels.

or were you referring to kosman wheels, if so theres nothing wrong with them, except i dont like the bolts, but i like them better than the carroz's. you can get kosman in welded rims also.

Chris - I went on forged-wheel.com or wherever and they look like about $1800 for the set is that right? If so I'm going to be getting a set over the winter, as they are slick!

Keep an eye out on EBAY for awhile.....I picked up my Carrozerria's for $1200(black anodized). It seems that Forgedwheel.com puts a set on there every now and then. I have not seen them in a few weeks but if you are planning on waiting till this winter it is worth a shot.

RC is located I believe in KY.

I have spoken to Ego Trip I know they make all the wheels on Jon's site except the RC wheels he also advertises, that might be the reason they were in an RC box He may have put it in that box to hide his real source,he was upset that I knew and told me not to tell others who made his "UFO wheels".

Look at the bladerunner UFO wheel and then look at Ego trip bladerunner hmm the same wheel with the same name there are a couple of them like that Ego trip isn't trying to hide it like Jon is.

Who knows, I have no idea, you're prolly right.....

I do know the center hub section; the machining, curvature, configuration and etc of the center hub on my RC wickeds match my buddies Maxdaddy hub exactly.
In any case, I'm very happy with the wheels, fitment price and all, Jon had them to me in less than 3 weeks, they don't cut them till ordered, RC even told me that when I called to ask about weight, including them going to him first for bearing fitment etc before he sent them on to me......they are very good quality....I knew they were heavy before I bought them so no big deal there.......4gasems right on the 3 lbs thing, that's about what I considered "a wash" since 3lbs is just a good shit for me.....

Well, I may be setting up and having the option of buying the "Max Daddy" wheel in the very near future. Anyone interested can email me. I won't probably know pricing for a few days yet.

Sean Morley

Keep an eye out on EBAY for awhile.....I picked up my Carrozerria's for $1200(black anodized). It seems that Forgedwheel.com puts a set on there every now and then. I have not seen them in a few weeks but if you are planning on waiting till this winter it is worth a shot.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll definately do that!

Well, I may be setting up and having the option of buying the "Max Daddy" wheel in the very near future. Anyone interested can email me. I won't probably know pricing for a few days yet.

Sean Morley

The Muscle Daddy wheel?

LOL. what a name! I think we'll have to come up with something else.

Sean

Nope! I weighed a stocker with 1100 miles on it against the Max Daddy with a 180/55/17 tire and it weighed 3 or so pounds more...:damn angry:

Bear in mind the weight I got was for an RC "Wicked" which has a lot less "meat" in the center section than the Maxdaddy.....

I/we may be comparing apples to oranges....

Rusty

I need a new rear tire and want to upgrade to radials so ive been really eyeballing this wheel guys.

Has anyone, Besides 4gasem tried the maxdaddy wheel? I really like the way it looks. How is the offset on it does it look horrible like some of the others?

chris i know your hatred for ufo but i really really like the way that wheel looks. thats your bike on there website right? i actually like the look better than the C's. What happened give me a brief review man i dont want to have to digg for the old thread.

Here's a shot of the Maxdaddy (17 inch) fitted to my '88 model. This was supplied by UFO.

The rear shot should satisfy you that the offset which is very pronounced on some after market wheels is virtually absent on the Maxdaddy. The photo is not quite square on from the rear and favours the right hand side.

The tyre is a Metzeler Roadtech 190/55/17. This cleared the standard swingarm by about 1.5mm

Attachments

• maxdaddy1.jpg
    maxdaddy1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 139
  • ufowheel sideon.jpg
    ufowheel sideon.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 132
Here's a pic of the Max Daddy on mine.

Now when I got mine I ordered a 5.5 but it came all jacked up and wobbled so I sent it back. Jon then sent me a 6.25" and said that his supplier was no longer going to make the 5.5 inch wheel blanks and that I was stuck with the 6.25 but that the 180 would fit... Now please tell me that he can get the 5.5" and make him even more of a liar!:damn angry:

Attachments

• 100_2052.jpg
    100_2052.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_2139 #3.jpg
    100_2139 #3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_2110.jpg
    100_2110.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 96
wow i hate to say it but that looks damn good. I really like it. I cant even tell it has an offset! i may be sold!

wow i hate to say it but that looks damn good. I really like it. I cant even tell it has an offset! i may be sold!

It had an offset which got bigger and smaller depending on where the wheel was in its rotation...:rofl_200:

It had an offset which got bigger and smaller depending on where the wheel was in its rotation...:rofl_200:

I checked for rim run out on a bench mount axle and found that the rim run out was about 1.5mm (2mm is the serviceable limit.) Called John and explained this and he suggested mounting it up to the axle and checking the run out after everything was torqued up.

I did this and the run out was virtually absent (< 0.5mm).

I bought this rim from UFO in December 06.

I checked for rim run out on a bench mount axle and found that the rim run out was about 1.5mm (2mm is the serviceable limit.) Called John and explained this and he suggested mounting it up to the axle and checking the run out after everything was torqued up.

I did this and the run out was virtually absent (< 0.5mm).

I bought this rim from UFO in December 06.

You could see mine wobble riding behind mine. It wobbled so bad that the back brake pistons would push in which made for some great initial pedal feel. You could even see it in the chicken strips.

Back