catch can location and ideas

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgediesel59

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas on what a guy should do for a catch can. When I get my 1500 together I will need to change my setup and eliminate the vacuum from the air box. The problem I am having is where to mount it. There is nowhere with much free space. Could I run barbs through the air box and have a catch can in there and then run a hose out of the air box for a vent? Any thoughts, suggestions or pictures would be great!

This is what I made for my Flatsludes. Might work depending on you air filter arrangement.

23426a02d71e6d08605e70a4398385ca85a5bfa8.jpg

0223651f2c8714f4da1f6900e855ad6f6965edb9.jpg

d3f1642e1fd96ce7a5572a5ad8439004de7ac260.jpg

If you aren't too concerned about the quality then the DJ breather may do the job?

Here's what we did. Look near the radiator cover for the gold catch can.

Attachments

• IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 32
I'm looking for ideas on what a guy should do for a catch can. When I get my 1500 together I will need to change my setup and eliminate the vacuum from the air box. The problem I am having is where to mount it. There is nowhere with much free space. Could I run barbs through the air box and have a catch can in there and then run a hose out of the air box for a vent? Any thoughts, suggestions or pictures would be great!

http://www.jazproducts.com/tanks.htm#1ptmini

After the COPs mod it frees up space in the front of the filters so I have mine there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310981960635

Here is what I ended up buying. Not sure what I am going to find To mount it with, but I will have to be creative to make it look nice. I like that this one has a port in the bottom to allow drainback. I think I will add some stainless brillo pads inside the tank to keep things from sloshing around too much. Still not sure if the tank is vented but otherwise I can use the third fitting to run a hose and breather hidden somewhere.

i drilled a hole in the middle of the clamp then used a flush screw in it. install the tank in there and then snug it down.

I was kind of thinking about using a stainless t bolt clamp as I could polish it up and avoid that standard hose clamp look, but I will have to do some fitting. I could always weld a hanger on the frame somewhere and double nut a t bolt clamp too. When it shows up I will start planning and try to put a how to up for everybody.

Latest posts

Back