What is 'Yamaha Quick Gasket"?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi all:

In my mission to rebuild my Max's water pump, the manual says to apply "Quick Gasket" sealant to the water pump's seal receptacle and then to push in the water pump seal.

Since Yamaha no longer makes this product (apparently), is there a suitable replacement I can use for this sealant?

Thanks very much.

Elimax

Are they talking about yamabond? That's the gasket material used for reassembling the cases. Hondabond is the same (that's what Sean and I used to rebuild mine). It remains slightly flexible unlike regular rtv gasket material.

Hi Davesax36:

I don't know if they're talking about Yamabond...it's in the Yamaha VMax service manual (that's the ACTUAL Yamaha manual, not the Clymer's or Haynes version of the manual.)

It literally says the Yamaha-brand "Quick Gasket", with the "Q" and the "G" capitalized, and has the little "R" with the circle around it, like that is the actual registered name of the Yamaha product.

So, I don't think it's Yamabond, and even if it were Yamabond, there are a number of different Yamaha sealants, so I'm still at a loss what to use.

Thanks.

Elimax

IMG_0680.JPG

Found in the google search. Might answer a question I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi jdeitz79:

That's it! Yee haw. I also found a tube for sale on ebay, so I bought it. I guess it's silicone-based, fwiw.

Thanks very much...good find!

Elimax

Latest posts

Back