How to Install 12V Outlet / Fan Switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is connected directly to the battery, with a 15A fuse in line. Brilliant for weekends camping, I can blow up my airbed without turning blue and seeing stars, and a good way to get talking while other people wait for theirs to get hard (ooer Mrs). Got a 12v lighter extension lead from AldiLidl and a '3 x lighter and USB' splitter box so I can use/charge all sorts.

Another useful mod is some hefty cables from battery to a forklift connector under the dummy.tank and a matching cable with big clips for jumpleads - the VMax (or ZZR1100, t'other bike) battery is a bit buried...

+1. Straight to the battery is best if you're going to load the circuit up with anything other than a cell phone. I'm looking for a new spot for mine. The fork neck cover broke on me after a while, right where the hole for the socket was.
I have a fused jack for heated gloves near the lock for the top lid. I think I'll just work off that for my cell phone.

I bought this at Wal-Mart and direct wired it to my battery.....

416asa1nyl._ss500__2.jpg

and I bought this

th

So I can hook up the clamps if I need a jump or if I need to give a fellow motorcyclist a jump, or I can plug this to it

41t5bqxtgl_sl500_aa300_.jpg

I have a SAE behind the dash, below the tree. I have use it for charging the battery and I can power my gps or my tire inflator or any other accessory. It's wired straight to the power distribution box with a new 10A fuse. Pretty handy :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I bought this at Wal-Mart and direct wired it to my battery.....

416asa1nyl._ss500__2.jpg

and I bought this

th

So I can hook up the clamps if I need a jump or if I need to give a fellow motorcyclist a jump, or I can plug this to it

41t5bqxtgl_sl500_aa300_.jpg

This is Wat I used when I first used to own my vmax . Would wise it straight from battery would be there permanently . I would use it to keep battery tender plugged in would just the it to frame . I would also run my gps off it and would put cig lighter adapter under faux tank . It never let of down . I have a pic of it on my page I think

Got the fan switch hooked up. Ive read where people have said "make sure you dont leave it on after you turn your bike off". It cuts off with the key. Ive had my charger plug hooked up for months but just discovered that when i plug my (older) Garmin into it via a usb cord, it thinks its hooked to a computer and wont work..just charge. If i use the garmin car charger, it works fine but the charger plug is too big and hits my forks at even a slight turn. Grrr....headed to the Ride Of The Patriots, followed by Rolling Thunder into D.C. In the morning so wish that would work. Time for some re-adjustments when i get back.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back