LCR Performance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAXXIMUM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to let all of the vmax family know that Larry Fitzgerald of LCR Performance in Rochester NY is a stand up guy with very high quality work. I bought a set of 17" GSXR wheels he modified for our bikes and not only was the quality of his work impeccable but every nut, bolt and misc. item you could possibly need to mount them was included. Steve O did the work and for those of you that don't know he's an unbelievable master mechanic and he gives Larry's work a big thumbs up.

Christian

I was just in his shop last month-July.

Attachments

• LCR Rochester.01.jpg
    LCR Rochester.01.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 74
  • LCR Rochester.02.jpg
    LCR Rochester.02.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 68
I wanted to let all of the vmax family know that Larry Fitzgerald of LCR Performance in Rochester NY is a stand up guy with very high quality work. I bought a set of 17" GSXR wheels he modified for our bikes and not only was the quality of his work impeccable but every nut, bolt and misc. item you could possibly need to mount them was included. Steve O did the work and for those of you that don't know he's an unbelievable master mechanic and he gives Larry's work a big thumbs up.

Christian

I couldn’t agree more! I been there for all my stuff. He just did my hayabusa wheel this year. Did the machining for the triple as well. He’s fast considering how busy he is!! Fm knows, he was just there. He’s got enough vmax‘ sin there for all of us here to have two lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry is a very talented, hardworking guy. He used to work for a friend of mine, years-ago. His schedule is so-full, he turns-down work, or doesn't have any open slots for work for weeks. That doesn't mean you shouldn't ask him if you have a big build in-mind though.

I was just there this morning to get my vmax inspected. Larry is a great guy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Larry is a very talented, hardworking guy. He used to work for a friend of mine, years-ago. His schedule is so-full, he turns-down work, or doesn't have any open slots for work for weeks. That doesn't mean you shouldn't ask him if you have a big build in-mind though.

The best part I think, for me anyhow, is he’s for the most part local. He carries all oem gaskets seals etc. , and has parts kicking around if you need. He’s saved me multiple times.

You're too kind Christian. After decades wrenching I'll always have new stuff to learn. I'd give LCR a high ratting too. The wheels look absolutely awesome and came complete with everything you needed. And, were true as can be. They balanced about perfect without weights. Still some tweaking to be done since we've changed suspension geometry a bit.
Steve-o

I can tell you this. I'm taking exits at significantly higher speeds with this set up and I feel like I'm attached to a rail. Not only is it confidence inspiring but anyone who thinks you can't go carve up a few canyons should try to follow me.

I can tell you this. I'm taking exits at significantly higher speeds with this set up and I feel like I'm attached to a rail. Not only is it confidence inspiring but anyone who thinks you can't go carve up a few canyons should try to follow me.

Sounds like your set up is working out well!! Can you post a couple pics up for us to check out? Also, I noticed a significant difference in my set up. What tires are you running? I ended up running continental tires, only cause Lary didn’t have any shinks left at that time.

I've said it before, and will say it again: for my $, the #1 best improvement in the use of my VMax was going to radial tires. It steers better, especially at higher cornering speeds, and the difference in high-speed stability is so-much improved. Yamaha didn't start to use radials on their sportbikes until 1987 model year. They should have widened the VMax wheels and introduced radials in the late 1980's. It would have then been a footnote in the 22-year history of the production run" "bikes built before 1988 had narrower wheels, and used bias-ply tires. The use of wider wheels suitable for radial tires, which were installed for 1988 and-newer models, had a significant impact on the handling. Look to upgrade to the radial tire width wheels if you have a 1985-'86 VMax." (no USA bikes titled as 1987, leftover 1986 bikes were sold until the 1988 model year)

Latest posts

Back