Where does this screw go on the carbs and how far to I back out the pilot screw?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I reading this wrong or are you saying to use the a/f or pilot screws to adjust sync? Sync is a mechanical adjustment to make sure all carbs pull the same air by adjusting the position of the butterflies. Has nothing to do with a/f mixture or slow jets which should be adjusted using a O2 sniffer or plug check and wag it?
Yes you are reading it wrong--With the Morgan and I used to used mercury sticks, I adjust the a/f mixture screws with the carb sync by there highest vacuum. I then set them back 1/8 oast their highest reading -- then I sync the carbs with the 3 sync screws.
I am NOT saying I use the a/f to sync the carbs. But your a/f mixtures CAN be set with a carb sync.

Yes you are reading it wrong--With the Morgan and I used to used mercury sticks, I adjust the a/f mixture screws with the carb sync by there highest vacuum. I then set them back 1/8 oast their highest reading -- then I sync the carbs with the 3 sync screws.
I am NOT saying I use the a/f to sync the carbs. But your a/f mixtures CAN be set with a carb sync.

That method was taught to wrenchers back in the early days. Shooting for the highest vacuum readings at idle.

That's what it looks like, but where does it screw in?
Anyone have a pic of where it goes?
If that is the bowl drain screw, it goes here.

Attachments

• Vmax-carb-drain-screw-location.jpg
    Vmax-carb-drain-screw-location.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 11
Back