Portable Battery maintainer?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveish1006

Reaction score
Looking for battery maintainer or jumper for my yamaha vmax, its been cold lately, so when i try to start her up in the morning the battery is dead. Many friends have suggested battery maintainers or jump starter however i live in an apartment second floor so running a cable isnt really a choice. Does anyone know of a battery powered maintainer or jumper that will work for me?

Looking for battery maintainer or jumper for my yamaha vmax, its been cold lately, so when i try to start her up in the morning the battery is dead. Many friends have suggested battery maintainers or jump starter however i live in an apartment second floor so running a cable isnt really a choice. Does anyone know of a battery powered maintainer or jumper that will work for me?

Cold in Orlando? Hell I just fired-up a rebuild in my test stand today here in Michigan, 12 degrees outside. ( YES I had to used a 10amp charger on my wet cell battery)

I would suggest a new battery as well. Ive always been told that if you have to keep jumping a battery off....eventually it being low will kill the electronics.

I was at "Batteries and Bulbs +" and they had a multi-system charger capable of doing lead/acid, AGM, and Lithium ion baatteries, it went for about $65, I think. I'll look for the name.

The Lithium ion batteries have a special way of charging. Using a regular charger will result in the battery taking less of a charge, I was told.

NOCO 'Genius' G3500 battery charger. 3.5 amp
http://www.amazon.com/NOCO-G3500-UltraSafe-Battery-Charger/dp/B004LWVEKS

A pic. And an ad from Amazon (do you have Amazon Prime?), which is <$60 w/free shipping, usually, for Amazon Prime.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 9
Back