Nitrous Oxide Kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKTKLR

Reaction score
I have an '88 V Max with a Magnacharger and was wondering if anyone makes a NO Kit for this set up ? Thanks Chad

We sell the kits too and you could possibly run a plate system under the carb on that setup.

Thanks ! Was also wondering does magnacharger or anyone else make an intercooler setup ?

out of pure curiosity.. can you run that on a stock bike with stock jets? how much would it cost?

You can run a nitrous system on a stock bike with stock jets and not be a problem at all. BUT, don't get too greedy with it. 40hp shot at the most. It does put more stress on parts so keep that in mind since trans and other parts won't last as long (if done right you should still get a good life out of them). You're going to spend just shy of $1000 for the complete kit (maybe a little less).

Magnacharger doesn't make one that I know of. You could run a "pre" cooler since there isn't room for an aftercooler. BUT, you may even be able to integrate a mercedes system into it which is a plate under the blower unit.

I have an '88 V Max with a Magnacharger and was wondering if anyone makes a NO Kit for this set up ? Thanks Chad

Take a peek here, http://www.nitrous.info/index.htm
This guy literally wrote the book on nitrous. I started using nitrous back in '84, when I was 16. I put systems on motorcycles, my truck, snowmachines (addict much?). Then I came across the burgerman. This guy has forgot more than most people will ever know. :biglaugh: If your wanting to play with the squeeze, get some knowledge in you. It's fun, simple, but can bite you hard.
Also the Wizards of NOS, have IMO the trickest, state of the art systems out there, their pulsoids kick major ass. Depending on your needs, They can hook you up from 50 to 350hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15DmwRPk1g0

Last year, Ryan Schnitz, riding HTP's Pro Street bike at Maryland ran a 6.907 1/4 @ 203.06 mph which totally smashed the original world record of 7.09 seconds. People were thinking it would have been a turbo bike to bump the record, but nope :biglaugh: But still, you have to love that prostreet class.
I know I wouldn't mind having a 6 second, street legal ride :punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s_7F3SI_l8&feature=related

Last edited:
I appreciate everyones input , very helpful ! These companies that are recommended , do they offer a kit exclusively for a V Max with a Magnacharger ?

I appreciate everyones input , very helpful ! These companies that are recommended , do they offer a kit exclusively for a V Max with a Magnacharger ?

No.
Like Sean mentioned, A plate setup would be your best bet.
Not to mention a lot cheaper. This system from Summit racing, would fit the bill nicely at $319 (bottle not included). Or you can hunt eBay for possible more savings.
Just re-jet down the HP your looking for, buy the bottle(s) and fuel pump you would like, wire it up and your there for around $450-500.
If you go this route, give them a call and make sure the plate is the one you need.

nos07004.jpg

KJ, thanks !! I think I will talk to Sean also since he mentioned he sells kits and recommended the plate system .Great group of people on this site ! Thanks Chad

Latest posts

Back