What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New control switches, I need to get a blow dryer to help with the stiff wiring.
Its a little scary turning lock to lock with a new loom running through the old
and hard to find ignition switch cover. They do clean up the luv handles.

Where did you purchase the switches and how much?

I like that dash.

I like that dash as well!

Here is a bigger picture of it:

attachment.php

Just to be fair, here a really nice dash from Morley's Muscle:

attachment.php

Greetings, I got into my starter clutch and am in need of a woodruff key. 2000 vmax. Any one have a source and perhaps a part number. I have been looking on ebay and amazon. There is very little info on the web. Thanks in advance.

Greetings, I got into my starter clutch and am in need of a woodruff key. 2000 vmax. Any one have a source and perhaps a part number. I have been looking on ebay and amazon. There is very little info on the web. Thanks in advance.

90280-05029-00

http://www.yamahapartsnation.com/oemparts/a/yam/500442f7f8700209bc78ee27/crankshaft-piston

Yamaha 90280-05029-00 Key, Woodruff; 902800502900 Made by Yamaha https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJQVSF6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_rUbPwbY2APW2R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90280-05029-00

http://www.yamahapartsnation.com/oemparts/a/yam/500442f7f8700209bc78ee27/crankshaft-piston

Yamaha 90280-05029-00 Key, Woodruff; 902800502900 Made by Yamaha https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJQVSF6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_rUbPwbY2APW2R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much. I just ordered from Amazon 13.14 for a tiny piece of steel made in Japan. It must be some sacred Tamahagne steel they use to forge samurai swords.

*I have some trepidation about the placement of woodruff key in the crank slot.
I did not note the keys orientation in the slot. In other words, does the round side of the key go in the crank slot or does the flat side of the key go into the slot and the round side face out. Also, the crank slot seems to be milled longer than the length of the woodruff key, does the key side in the middle of the slot or all the distal or proximal. Is it advisable to use blue locktite on the crank bolt. Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited:
Round end down into the slot in the crank. I don't use locktite but that's your option.

The 97 build continues very slowly! And that's working on it sometimes 5 and 6 hours a day. Seems everything I touch needs repair or replacement. Guess that's the territory when you start with a basket case that's been sitting for over 12 years. Rear brakes and fuel pump were my goals for yesterday. Rear master is shot seals are dry and shrunk so no pressure build up. The fuel pumps are burned up, two of them? Going to try a High Flow as posted in the Fuel pump how to section.
The good news I now have front brakes and a taillight turn signal mod completed.

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 21
The 97 build continues very slowly! And that's working on it sometimes 5 and 6 hours a day. Seems everything I touch needs repair of replacement. Guess that's the territory when you start with a basket case that's been sitting for over 12 years. Rear brakes and fuel pump were my goals for yesterday. Rear master is shot seals are dry and shrunk so no pressure build up. the fuel pumps are burned up, two of them? Going to try a High Flow as posted in the Fuel pump how to section.
The good news I now have front brakes and a taillight turn signal mod completed.
That's the same one I added last year.. I love it and I like the way the license plate sits now also.. I did keep mini signal on the grab bar also....

Finally got my Koso today! I only ordered Nov. 28, lol. In their defense, they had to wait for their next shipment from the manufacturer. Considering I got it new for $250 (they refunded shipping from Germany) i wont complain about the long wait!

Attachments

• CAM00165.jpg
    CAM00165.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 50
I sold one of those to a member in fl for $30. It took 5 days to get to me and 5 days to get to him.

Ordered a complete brake pad set and had a chat about a few other goodies with the always helpful Sean Morley. Snow finally hit New England bikes coming apart

I am prepping my freshly painted engine for installation. Installed the Vboost and intakes, thermostat housing, and cleaned out the spark plug drains. Yes, I did this before I removed the spark plugs. :biglaugh:
Wish i had installed that vent hose from the engine to the coolent/sending unit assembly before i installed the intake. At least i did it before i installed the engine in the bike.:bang head:
I also cleaned out the speedometer gear drive and repacked with new grease, you should put this on your maintenance to do list. At 35,000 miles my 03 almost locked up on me from drying out.
Added some pictures, Morley Muscle can sure make an old engine look nice. Pretty excited over here in Arkansas!

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
1. Covered my throttle cables and front brake lines with split loom.
307tf1v.jpg

2. Put on some knee plates:
1z1d6oi.jpg

wtg35s.jpg

3. Changed out the starter clutch bolts - they were trashed. Got a Morley's Muscle HD unit on its way, but wanted to ride until the new SC shows up. Thanks to Sean for the loaner puller!
2nti5c2.jpg

2b3255.jpg

4. Synched my carbs with this - only 40 bucks!
2i0xmdw.jpg

I have the next four days off and was going to pace this all out, but finished the starter clutch before dinner tonight :)

1. Covered my throttle cables and front brake lines with split loom.
307tf1v.jpg

2. Put on some knee plates:
1z1d6oi.jpg

wtg35s.jpg

3. Changed out the starter clutch bolts - they were trashed. Got a Morley's Muscle HD unit on its way, but wanted to ride until the new SC shows up. Thanks to Sean for the loaner puller!
2nti5c2.jpg

2b3255.jpg

4. Synched my carbs with this - only 40 bucks!
2i0xmdw.jpg

I have the next four days off and was going to pace this all out, but finished the starter clutch before dinner tonight :)
Give us another shot of that template zeus, this time showing the length of the bolts. Nice job. Thanks to you all my cops now have split loom on the wires and coils.:clapping:

Give us another shot of that template zeus, this time showing the length of the bolts. Nice job. Thanks to you all my cops now have split loom on the wires and coils.:clapping:

Thank you :)

1. I'll take another picture when I pull it all apart again showing a side-profile of the bolts. It was the easiest way to index the bolt locations without having to remember individual lengths. (I don't think there is that much variation, but this was my first Vmax cover pull)

2. I might just try some colored split loom on the COPs to have them stand out. Maybe red or yellow?

Got things started with the Koso install. Only have a few things taken apart, wiring begins tommorrow night after work.

Attachments

• CAM00176.jpg
    CAM00176.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back