Getting Bike Ready

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about adding some ricor intiminators. Plus its time to change the fluid as well. I also need to get the braced swing arm off the shelf, and finally put it on as well.

I have Ricor Intiminators with progressive springs and Sean's spring rate adjusters. Setup works pretty good for the early years forks.

Sorry Blax!

I have Ricor Intiminators with progressive springs and Sean's spring rate adjusters. Setup works pretty good for the early years forks.

Sorry Blax!

I have Seans adjusters as well, but had to back off on them due to too much rebound with the progressive springs. I have hit a washboard in a turn and had to SUDDENLY get out of it due to the rebound. Hopefully these will help with that?

I have RICOR's, but Race Tech makes a similar product:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Race-Tech-Y...-Valve-Cartridge-Fork-Emulators-/272081419074
s-l500.jpg

YSS also has one. http://www.yssusa.com/products_yss_pdforkvalve.html
pdforkvalvead.jpg

I have Seans adjusters as well, but had to back off on them due to too much rebound with the progressive springs. I have hit a washboard in a turn and had to SUDDENLY get out of it due to the rebound. Hopefully these will help with that?
It should help to reduce the effect of too much rebound. The two circuits in the valve will help control the excessive wheel motion of the washboard (spring over reacting) while maintaining chassis stability and control. At least that is my understanding. Progressive 440 shocks work in a similar manner which "senses" the difference between wheel motion input and chassis related input.

Thanks for the info FM

It should help to reduce the effect of too much rebound. The two circuits in the valve will help control the excessive wheel motion of the washboard (spring over reacting) while maintaining chassis stability and control. At least that is my understanding. Progressive 440 shocks work in a similar manner which "senses" the difference between wheel motion input and chassis related input.

I hope so, I really liked the progressives and Seans adjusters set about 1/2 an inch, but like I said I had to get out of it when I hit a couple of washboards. Not a good feeling if your leaned over either. Also, I had 418's on the rear when that happened. The last year at Eureka Springs I had 444's on the rear, and it was better.....but still looking for just a bit more.

Thanks for the help Brian.

Latest posts

Back