Hell's angels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
Anybody ever ride with members of the hell's angels?? My wife was getting her eye brow pierced, and she got chatting with the lady doing it and come to find out she rides with the hell's angels. She invited us to go riding with them.......... I kinda laughed and said we don't ride Harleys. Last I knew it's a one percenter group. I'm up for the ride, but nothing else that the group is known for. I'm about the ride, having fun, not into bar hopping, or anything like that. I hate stopping for gas, I hate stopping period. Get a drink and gas and go again.

I expect that when you showed up on a rice-burner the invite would be withdrawn.

I expect that when you showed up on a rice-burner the invite would be withdrawn.

Well, that's the thing lol. My wife told her, and showed her what we ride......... I'm still Leary about it though. It might be a thanks but no thanks.

Depending on where you go colors can be a problem, I avoid riding with folks with their cuts on only because I live where many 1%ers exist and I have no desire to get tangled up in any misunderstandings. Chances are remote IMHO, but I'm not big on taking chances like that. A long time friend that is entrenched in MC club life said if I dont fancy tangling with big dogs then I should not piss in the tall grass (associate with 1%ers). We laughed but I know damn well he is right. He said it really ups the wrong time/wrong place factor and that sort of makes sense too.

I know a few guys in the local MC community. Good guys, but when they get into a squabble with each other it can get messy, fast.. Always good to see them at a saloon, but I don't think I'd ever intentionally go on a run with any of them. Self preservation, ya know...

It's different if you get in with a group of them on the road. That happened to me on the way to Americade about 15 years ago. I was stopped at a light, and got surrounded by a dozen members of a local club, known for their "activities". I told the guy who was next to me that I'd drop to the back of the formation, he laughed and said "with that bike, you could lead this line, we'd never be able to catch you". I rode with them till we split up on the Thruway.

Another time, I was heading home on a divided highway around dusk, when I saw a bike and rider parked on the side of the road. I was on a 750 Virago, he was standing next to a broken down chopper, wearing a cut. I offered him a lift, he said he was waiting for a truck to pick him up. I did wind up staying there with him till they showed up. It was dark by then, and I'd hit my brake light when traffic came to let them know we were there. The guys were appreciative of my assistance, and I got an invite to a club party. (Which I didn't attend).

Two Angels were buried in my hometown cemetery where I grew up. I wasn't there for the internment, but a friend who witnessed the 'event' said there was a group of Angels who made the trip, but they were 'way-outnumbered by police and curiosity-seekers.

Bill, sounds like you interacted with the guys you ran-across appropriately. Thing is, you could do something 'wrong,' and they turn on-you and who-knows what the extent of "we had to teach him a lesson" would involve? You can turn-to Hunter S. Thompson's book "Hell's Angels" for an idea of what that could be.

Here in Florida it's Oulaws territory. Come Daytona, it can make for some tense times, if the two groups meet. I have seen them both, but never together at the same place, at the same time. If I found myself in that circumstance, I would immediately leave, as you don't want to be caught in the crossfire. I did see the Outlaws being rousted by the local PD and other LEO's at the H-D dealership, the law enforcement officers were looking for specific members on an outstanding warrants service.

I do have a 1% story. One overcast, cool winter day in the Ft. Lauderdale area (FL) I was cruising down I-95 on my 'widowmaker,' a Kawasaki Mach III 500 cc two-stroke triple, when up-ahead I saw a double-row/column of bikes. As I got closer, I saw it was a group of the Outlaws, all on H-D's, most single riders, a few were packing double. "If you can read this, the bitch fell-off."

I was overtaking them quickly, and I decided that like entering a cold body of water, the best thing to do is to "get it over, quickly." As I approached the 'tail' of the group, I cranked my throttle to the stop. I passed them on the right, as that was a clear lane past the entire group, while the left path was occupied by other cars.

The Mach III made short work of the maneuver, and I kept the throttle pinned. As I made space between them and me, I noticed a one guy broke-away from the front, and started pursuing me. I didn't waste time, widening the gap. Had he caught-up to me, I doubt the conversation would have been-about my two-stroke's great acceleration. By now I had quite a lead on the group, and the pursuit biker had given-up, and rejoined the group.

One of the characteristics of a two-stroke is that on acceleration, they emanate a cloud of smoke from the exhaust. When I turned-around after making the pass, i saw the entire column of 1%ers was stolidly motoring down the interstate, awash in my left-behind two-stroke blue haze. I assume they were all clenching their teeth, muttering oaths about the 'damn rice-burner' who 'disrespected' them.

Well, that's the thing lol. My wife told her, and showed her what we ride......... I'm still Leary about it though. It might be a thanks but no thanks.

No thanks is a very wise decision. An outsider has a potential for the unimaginable amount of grief. Nothing goes wrong until it does, and it has. Best to find riding friends unaffiliated with a real MC.

They probably have someone in mind for your wife.

Good call. If you did decide to take your gal on a ride with only another couple thats one thing (I still wouldnt) but NEVER EVER bring your gal, or any gal to a function or clubhouse party of any kind, not even a group ride. Let me be very clear, DO NOT.

Yeah..... I’d say no thanks to joining them in the ride. I’d probably carry while you ride with the gal just in case, and if you’re not a good shot, get bigger clips. I wouldn’t trust the intentions of the group or individuals from the group. II’d agree with the rest of those whom say say away from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go ahead and see if you can find out why they dont have real bikes while your in there.:punk:

Just think, if Harley would have produced the bike, they probably would have a bunch of them instead of those little liquor-cycles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That can and has happened. The dingbat inviting people to ride with a 1%'er MC is sooner or later going to get herself or a friend in a situation not to their liking.

Yes i know from experience . I have been around a lot of clubs of the same nature and a public forum is not always the best place to talk about it. I do have friends in very similar clubs .

If you don't plan on being in the club, than don't go for the ride.

You and wife have been invited because they see something that they want and am sure it's not you.

You don't get invited into their world as an outsider, unless you have value to them.

Yeah I think we are skipping this one. I'm a veteran and can take care of myself, just not a big mob lol. My wife doesn't know what a 1% MC is, or the rep of the hell's angles. I told her Google is your friend. I know they won't ever catch my gen 2, but my wife with her v star 1100 stand no chance. I'm not getting involved, neither is she. Sounds like the woman is a recruter trying to get unsuspecting prey.

You can probably get this at your local library, or from amazon on kindle.

https://www.amazon.com/Hells-Angels-Strange-Terrible-Saga/dp/0345410084

Anyone on here who uses their real name, I wouldn't leave-up any comment critical of the HA, as Kyle has mentioned.

Some people are just tuned to victimize others, and in a group, things could become out of hand quickly. A single veteran against a number of members, doesn't stand a chance, once their decision is made to act. And when one acts, the others back them up.

Latest posts

Back