Galfer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, did you get a call back? I talked to one of the owners, got your pictures, and he was going to call you to discuss the situation. I can post the pics here or email them to you if needed.

Sean

Dave
I've called and left you a message with my cell number. We at Galfer have no need nor the intention to screw with anyone. We are a small family business that since the day my grandfather founded has worked on honesty and quality as the primary tools to do business since 1946 and to put it in a nice way, we have no need to break that philosophy for a pair of carriers, believe me. Please call me when you get the chance.
Respectfully
Sandro Milesi
Galfer Usa

Dave
I've called and left you a message with my cell number. We at Galfer have no need nor the intention to screw with anyone. We are a small family business that since the day my grandfather founded has worked on honesty and quality as the primary tools to do business since 1946 and to put it in a nice way, we have no need to break that philosophy for a pair of carriers, believe me. Please call me when you get the chance.
Respectfully
Sandro Milesi
Galfer Usa

Glad you came to take care of problem. That is a class act in my book. Hope you can resolve problem with Dave.

yea, even finding this thread probably took some work!

Alessandro/Sean,

Question about the acccossato master cylinders sold thru Galfer USA.

I bought a front brake master , Accossato Part Number# AMAG023, 19x18, non folding lever.

I cannot pull the brake lever all the way back to the handle bar grip because the lever contacts my handle bar controls/throttle housing first.

I was wondering if there are any other levers available that may have a different bend or curve in it that would allow it to clear the controls and be pulled in the whole way.

I would be interested in buying a clutch master but am afraid it would do the same thing on the clutch side and prevent disengaging the clutch completely.

I am interested in the accossato masters as well and would like to find out more about this

Alessandro/Sean,

Question about the acccossato master cylinders sold thru Galfer USA.

I bought a front brake master , Accossato Part Number# AMAG023, 19x18, non folding lever.

I cannot pull the brake lever all the way back to the handle bar grip because the lever contacts my handle bar controls/throttle housing first.

I was wondering if there are any other levers available that may have a different bend or curve in it that would allow it to clear the controls and be pulled in the whole way.

I would be interested in buying a clutch master but am afraid it would do the same thing on the clutch side and prevent disengaging the clutch completely.

Mikes Vmax,
Call the office and talk to our tech, Robert, he will figure out what's going on an give you some solutions, he is the one that sets up all AMA race teams for us... 800-6856633. Also, some pics might help him out tremendously !!
Sandro

Dave, did you get a call back? I talked to one of the owners, got your pictures, and he was going to call you to discuss the situation. I can post the pics here or email them to you if needed.

Sean

Sean,
I hope you had a great weekend !! Thanks again for your ongoing willingness to gets things fixed here... I did speak to Dave yesterday and we are going to send him the used carriors we removed from his rotors so he can inspect them. If he feels we did him wrong, as I told him, we will figure things out, and again, i told him that there is NO reason for any of us to feel taken advantage off for a pair of carriors... I'm sure that after our quick conversation he also felt better knowing that we are just not going to go and screw him... It will get solved, just as it should. Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.

Mikes Vmax,
Call the office and talk to our tech, Robert, he will figure out what's going on an give you some solutions, he is the one that sets up all AMA race teams for us... 800-6856633. Also, some pics might help him out tremendously !!
Sandro

Thanks for the response. I have attached a photo of what I am talking about. The lever contacts my handle bar controls and prevents me from pulling it all the way into the handle bar grip.

I don't see this being an issue with the front brakes but, it could be on the clutch. I was wondering if a different lever was available that maybe had a different bend in it that would clear the controls and allow complete lever travel.

Attachments

• 2011-09-07_00-46-31_856.jpg
    2011-09-07_00-46-31_856.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 26
I sent my question about the lever off to Galfer. Alessandro replied very quickly and directed my email to someone to assist.

I sent another email regarding a recent brake line purchase. Nothing wrong on their end, I just decided to change it up a bit.

I got a phone call a bit ago to discuss both questions. Apparantly, there is not much that can be done with the lever hitting the controls. They do offer another lever but it is shorter than this one. Obviously, that is not going to help. I was assured that there would be enough travel in the lever to completely disengage the clutch if I decide to go that direction. But really, there is no way around the lever making contact with the handlebar controls.

As far as my other question, they have no issues with reworking the line as I requested. They charge a minimal fee of $10.00. Works for me.

A big thanks for the quick replies goes out to the folks at Galfer.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread a bit for my own intent. At least it is relevant though :biglaugh:

Very glad to hear this is getting closer to a complete resolution! Just remember guys they (and I) am more then willing to help get you some of the best products made!

Sean

Thank you Sean for putting me in contact with Alessandro. Everything has worked out satisfactory. I also want to thank Alessandro and to apoligize to Galfer. Wasn't the first time I stuck my foot in my mouth and won't be the last. Alessandro sent me my old carriers and yup, Galfer had replaced them just like they said they did. I just need to send them back to Galfer tomorrow.

David Tavares

Glad to hear that everything has been taken care of (at least as well as it can be). I am also glad that Alessandro took the time to step in here and show their support and willingness to help!

Sean

Thank you Sean for putting me in contact with Alessandro. Everything has worked out satisfactory. I also want to thank Alessandro and to apoligize to Galfer. Wasn't the first time I stuck my foot in my mouth and won't be the last. Alessandro sent me my old carriers and yup, Galfer had replaced them just like they said they did. I just need to send them back to Galfer tomorrow.

David Tavares

so both carriers had the same mark on them?

Not the same, Garrett, but close enough to fool me. What are the odds of two people marking two carriers with an L?

Dave

wow. stranger shit has happened i guess. i'm just happy you got it figured out. gorgeous bike u have there.

Feeling much better about using their products. Now if their hh pads didn't throw so much dust on my chrome rims I'd be a happy camper.

Latest posts

Back