Clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrackerRican

Reaction score
While installing Barnett pressure plate I accidentally engaged the clutch lever & didn't think much of it. Got all back together, then installed ss braided line & bleed line out. After bleed job I can't even pull the lever, clutch won't engage. I started bike up & I can shift it in gear without clutch lever but nothing happens it's like it's in neutral.

Do you think when I accidentally pulled the lever when installing pressure plate caused this? Any help would be appreciated.

Take the clutch cover back off and remove the reservoir cover. cover everything with towels. see if you can push the little hat back in. If you can't push it back, you might have a blocked secondary hole in the bottom of the reservoir. I did the same thing when I replaced mine. Unblocked the hole with a violin string.

Take the clutch cover back off and remove the reservoir cover. cover everything with towels. see if you can push the little hat back in. If you can't push it back, you might have a blocked secondary hole in the bottom of the reservoir. I did the same thing when I replaced mine. Unblocked the hole with a violin string.

I'll give it a try

Look in the lvlhead clutch replacement guide. Does the Barnett remove it? I'm pretty sure it's behind the pressure plate. Did you use a tiny wire (search pumped up clutch) in the reservoir?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep sure enough I had the pressure plates out of alignment, & while I was at it checked the reservoir hole with wire & not plugged.It's good to go.

Thanks guys for the help.

Damn, I tried. Glad it's figured out either way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back