Rock hard clutch lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullhouse

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just replaced the clutch on my 93.
Got it all back together and checked the lever... Rock hard!
I pulled it back down again (all plates out) but the lever is still rock hard... I bleed the system but it pumps back up to its rock hard state... And advise?

Nate

Look inside of the master,there are 2 holes. They might be plugged,if its plugged it will cause the lever to be rock hard, but becareful when you pull the lever it could squirt out a little stream of fluid. Make sure you have rags covering your bike

There both good :(

What pushes out when you engage the clutch? Maybe something's jammed? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374289364.643577.jpg

Don't ask me why but the clutch lever doesn't work when it's all apart. Mine was rock hard because I replaced the smaller friction disk with a full size one and didn't remove the clutch damper spring or spring seat. These are to the inside of the last friction disk. Otherwise, make sure steel ball and small push rod are in place and seated all the way.

When you had fluid in the master and you engage the clutch lever did the fluid squirt out in a stream. If not the little hole is plugged. You might not be able to see it plugged. Get a piece of wire and push it in and out of there. It's suppose to squirt a stream of fluid out.

It's either missing the ball or it's not aligned correctly on the pressure plate. Sometimes if you get rid of the half friction you must also make sure to get rid of the other 3 parts (wire retainer, preload spring, and preload spring seat).

Sean

There's an indexing dot on the pressure plate that should line up with a corresponding dot on the clutch boss.

Tried top and bottom alignment holes and both ways gave half a lever... This is killing me lol

Sounds to me like you need it fully-bled now. The "reverse-flush," from the slave bleeder, pushing fluid up into the master cyl, w/a 60 cc syringe. Use a short length of clear plastic tubing over the end of the syringe, and hose-clamp the other end to the slave cylinder bleeder. Leave the clutch side cover off, but mount the clutch. See the clutch lever movement fully-releases the pressure plate.

Yep, a quick bleed and its right as rain!!!thank you so much guys!!!

Glad you got it fullhouse. This forum is invaluable. It's giving me many ideas, & tricked out mods, & help just when I need it. The money I have saved by doing the work myself with forum. I was able to do more mods on my bike. That is why I donate to forum to ensure that we all do are part to keep the vmaxforum up & running

Latest posts

Back