clutch boss question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad. Remove the clutch cover, pressure plate, and large retaining nut. Take more time to get the old gasket material off. I've got a stack of them laying around here. Why do you need one?

I recently installed a barnett clutch and tightened one of the bolts a little to tight and kind of malled up one of the posts that the bolt goes into on the clutch boss, everything works ok just worried i may have screwed up the integrity of the clutch/pressure plate, thanks for your reply i am the black chrome scoops and side panels guy, lol

Ah! The riser went out to chromer yesterday. Scoops and side panels are done and waiting for that part to get there so they can complete the order and ship all at once.

You may be able to tap it out clean and then use a slightly longer bolt too. Save's having to get a basket.

thanks Sean, i will leave it for now, seems to work fine, i actually used a dremel to level off the post that got messed up, thanks for the update!!!

Those dang bolts are just too easy to foul:bang head:

I won't use anything but a nut driver on them anymore unless I drag out that tiny, ever elusive inch/lb torque wrench hiding somewhere in my garage, apparently I'm too ham fisted.

lol, i even used a torque wrench had to set it so low thought the spring would pop on the torque wrench

Back