Who's interested in the Clutch lever mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBOVMAX

Reaction score
How many people are interested in doing this mod? I will do it and think an exchange program might work. Does that sound like a plan? Just need to get some numbers for ordering bearings etc.

I would be. I've also moved this to its own thread.

i'd def be interested. since i have the fleabay carbon fiber ones i'd send you the spare I have to be worked on.

Ok! The bearings and tool steel for the bushings are on order. Just need to figure out the logistics of doing the mod.

What I would like is for you to send me your master cylinder and lever assembly without the cover and lower clamp. What I would do is disassemble and clean your cylinder and do the mod. I could do that with a one day turn around.

I believe (haven't tried it yet) that the assembly could go into a small flat rate USPS Priority Box. The shipping cost would be 4.95. If this can be done then the down time for you and your bike would be worst case about a week.

The first reason I would like to do it that way is... You get exactly what you have now... just modified.

The second... part of the mod requires that we increase the diameter of the master cylinder screw hole to 12mm. I can do that exactly and I know there are some you of that can also. But sometimes trying to do that kind of a an operation with a hand drill can get messy.

The third... it would be a good time to change the fluid in the clutch system.

The cost will be somewhere around 20.00 - 23.00 to do. About the price of a new stock lever. Need to get the pricing on the heat treat for a firm price.

What do you all think?

Sounds like a good idea Gary, I'd like to send mine in the 2nd of October as I'll be gone the following week at a conference in Las Vegas. Otherwise I'd would want to wait until the snow flies in November to send in, I don't want to cut my riding time any if I can help it.

Back