Who's interested in the Clutch lever mod

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary, you are the man! I have about 10 or 20 bearings I'll send you if you PM me your address. I also have a few clutch levers and some of the stock screws/bolts I can send as well. I have been pretty busy and haven't had a whole lot of extra time to work on things. I finally got to work on the drag bike again, and hope to be running it next weekend. Anyway, Gary, let me know if you need any of the parts I have, and it sounds like a great deal you will be providing (worth a lot more than $20 or $30 IMO)!

Jeff

Count me in too Gary. I think your pricing is great too. I have a spare M/C and lever at the mo so could send you mine whenever you're ready to start, so you can work out cost, turnaround time and shipping.
Let me know!

cheers

nG

sounds good. something def over the winter. got 3 monhts there to do it!

Gary, you are the man! I have about 10 or 20 bearings I'll send you if you PM me your address. I also have a few clutch levers and some of the stock screws/bolts I can send as well. I have been pretty busy and haven't had a whole lot of extra time to work on things. I finally got to work on the drag bike again, and hope to be running it next weekend. Anyway, Gary, let me know if you need any of the parts I have, and it sounds like a great deal you will be providing (worth a lot more than $20 or $30 IMO)!

Jeff

No your the man! Have you been out on that monster lately? Figured you were busy and I'll take you up on the bearings and stuff. I'll pm you with my address and we'll work out the payment details. As far as the price goes... once I get tooled up it shouldn't be a big deal to do. We'll see once I do a few. Unfortunately on a deal like this the shipping company really wins out. That clutch is stiff especially when you add the double D clutch spring or heavier clutch springs. Never gave it much thought but it would be nice to have a smoother release. Once you do the mod it's probably good for the life of the bike.

As I mentioned when you do the clutch mod it would be a good time to take a look at your clutch hydraulic system. I know that purging the system can be pretty intimidating for the average Joe. So another thing I'm going to do is a short YouTube video showing how to.

I can remember way back trying to fill and bleed brakes and clutches. The thought of slapping that lever for hours trying to purge the system of air makes me smile now and shake my head. On someones advise I would leave it overnight to let the air come out naturally. I dreaded the job!

So here's another tool box goodie if your all interested. I can make them up for $6.00. I've had this one for about 10 years and I use it for lots of stuff, from adding oil to the forks to doing brakes and the clutch. Wash it with dish detergent and put a little Vaseline on the seal when your done and it will last a long time. I originally borrowed mine from the hospital :biglaugh: It's a 60 cc irrigation syringe with a tube bonded to it that fits your brake/clutch bleed screw perfectly.

Syringe.jpg

I would be in for both the lever mode and the syringe.

I would rather wait until the colder months when all of my other planned mods are starting up.

seems like the syringe is a cheaper, human powered mityvac?

I am very interested in this. I can send you my lever and master cylinder whenever you want to do this. I recently recieved my solid motor mounts that Jedi machined (beautifully done by the way) so the bike will be down for that and new fork seals.

Richard

I have one of those syringes - they're brilliant. Unfortunately I didn't know about the washing up soap and vaseline trick, so my rubber's dead from exposure to whatever I sucked with it.

Result: I'll have a syringe too! Gonna take my M/C and clutch lever off next week, I'm about to adjust my valves too so perfect timing. Can you PM me your address then I can send that stuff to you?

I have one of those syringes - they're brilliant. Unfortunately I didn't know about the washing up soap and vaseline trick, so my rubber's dead from exposure to whatever I sucked with it.

Result: I'll have a syringe too! Gonna take my M/C and clutch lever off next week, I'm about to adjust my valves too so perfect timing. Can you PM me your address then I can send that stuff to you?

I PM'd the address and I'll post it up here too as soon as I'm ready to do the mod with the one day turn around. Don't want anyone sending them before I'm ready.

A couple of my rubbers died too before I figured that out. Also found out they make great squirt guns.

Sounds good to me Gary! Let me know when you're ready, I'll start with the '99 and do the '06 after the ST Annual N E Int. Pizza Run.

BTW, can you make it for some pizza?

Danny won't be able ... real busy at work but count me in for next years Brownie Run. I like brownies :biglaugh:

Sent you a pm on the master cyl/lever thing.

I PM'd the address and I'll post it up here too as soon as I'm ready to do the mod with the one day turn around. Don't want anyone sending them before I'm ready.

A couple of my rubbers died too before I figured that out. Also found out they make great squirt guns.

Got the PM thx, I'll get my MC off and wait to hear from you. :clapping:

Also, about the syringe, are you saying you can get spare rubbers for them?

Got the PM thx, I'll get my MC off and wait to hear from you. :clapping:

Also, about the syringe, are you saying you can get spare rubbers for them?

Thank You naughtyG

No unfortunately their actually meant to be throw away for the medical field. If you wash it and store it with the plunger out it they last for years.

Latest posts

Back