Oil Contamination to Cooling System?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thought process would be if a head gasket is the cause of the issue you would be seeing coolant in the motor oil due to the pressures created cylinders. vs. oil in the coolant system.

I see. So the order will be Manifold Joints... Breather... Heads.

Now the slow process of ordering parts begins again from the local shitty monopoly bike shop (company called TeamMoto, they pretty much own all motorcycle yards in this region, and their service reflects that lack of competition).

No progress yet. No email reply from the dealer all week after multiple emails which means it'll be special order, and they don't care... haven't had the time/inclination to talk to these clowns yet either.

The following pictures are... the bike has just been sitting since the last ride over a week ago when I arrived home and did the drain. No flushing, no temporary refills for restarting.

Pic 1: Front right cylinder after 3 or 4 days of sitting. The sludge has eventually found its way out and the layer of oil has thickened.
Pic 2: This one resembles all other cylinder drain holes... a very thin layer of oil is present, but not to the extent of the one in Pic 1.
Pic 3: About 8 or 9 days after draining... again, it's just been sitting at home this whole time. As you can see oil from the front left has continued to gather to the point of leaking out and pooling in that area at the front of the water pump housing. All other 3 holes still resemble the condition of Pic 2.

Attachments

• Oil1.jpg
    Oil1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Oil2.jpg
    Oil2.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Oil3.jpg
    Oil3.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 22
Back