Could someone help me identify a part

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that looks good :punk:

Thanks for bringing my attention to them and I am glad I had the bike apart it made it much easier to do the cleaning. Once I got them off They were not dirty but they were definitely lacking the red oil.

I am glad you said something about it.

Ron

Thanks for bringing my attention to them and I am glad I had the bike apart it made it much easier to do the cleaning. Once I got them off They were not dirty but they were definitely lacking the red oil.

I am glad you said something about it.

Ron
You would be surprised how clean they look and how dirty they are!!
K&N makes a cleaner especially for them and the crap that comes out seems never- ending. Also make absolutely sure they are completely dry or you will be sucking the oil out of them.

You would be surprised how clean they look and how dirty they are!!
K&N makes a cleaner especially for them and the crap that comes out seems never- ending. Also make absolutely sure they are completely dry or you will be s
ucking the oil out of them.

I bought the recharge kit and cleaned them one day and let them dry over a day and then I sprayed the oil and they sat another day and a half before I installed them again. During that day and a half I kept changing the position they were in , I let then sit the way they are sitting on the bike , then upside down and then on the side and changed the position again about 1/4 of a turn.
Then I put them as they would be install again, and upside down again. I took my time and made sure they were dry and no oil inside to run out. The whole process took me about 2 days, I wasn't in a hurry I can't ride my Bike yet anyway.

Back