miss fire on bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith mac

Reaction score
hello all and hope everyone is having a great day. I am new here and not sure where to go to find answers but maybe someone here can help me. I have recently bought an 07 vmax (which I love) but it has developed a miss during low speed (1/8 throttle) operation. It has super trap slip ons installed from previous owner. I have put small washers in between the disc on the muffler trying to maybe increase the performance a little, but the miss started before this mod. Under wot, the bike runs great and the plugs (already changed) read a nice tan color. I am not sure if I have a carb issue or what...can anyone give me some hints on where to look? I have read that the low speed air screw may need adjustment but am unsure of where it's located. Thanks in advance for your feedback! Keith:ummm:

IF they are drilled out then you can get a small standard screwdriver in here-CAREFULLY turn then all the way closed clockwise and then turn out 2 1/2 to 3 turns.

Attachments

• CIMG1545.jpg
    CIMG1545.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 16
If you go to the bottom of the page you will see "forum jump"--click the arrow and open the categories. You can also you the search at the top of the page.

thanks brother and I will check to see if they have been drilled. right under the slides, right?

thanks man, mine were already drilled out and I adjusted to maybe 2-1/2 turns out. One carb showed no effect when I closed the screw all the way in...is this a bad thing?

thanks man, mine were already drilled out and I adjusted to maybe 2-1/2 turns out. One carb showed no effect when I closed the screw all the way in...is this a bad thing?
Probably a clogged pilot jet in your jetblock- the shotgun should clear any debris unless it is hard clogged-then you need to take it off and clean with jet brush or I use guitar string.

Latest posts

Back