Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys new member here, just picked up a 2010 vmax with 1100 miles on her completley stock. Looking forward to finding some tips and some aftermarket parts. Also anyone who is in the northwest Arkansas area I would be glad to hear from you and go for a ride.

Mitch

New here too. My names Bill, located near Tampa Fl. I have a 95 Vmax. I am a certified Yamaha and Suzuki mechanic with 34+ years experience in fixing jap bikes. Just looking around to see whats going on in here.

I also buy and sell Vmax carbs if anyone needs any. I price them 10% higher on ebay to cover the fees. If anyone needs a set of carbs, or wants to sell a set, contact me. If you buy through here and not eBay I can take $$$$$$ off.

I don't have any Vmax questions to ask the forum, since that's what I do, so I will show up from time to time to help out if I can. Thanks everyone.

Hiya, fellas & fella-etts...
My name is Justin (online handle is "TheMeanSupreme") and I'm a noob... and a lazy noob at that, as I've been a member for a couple of months now and am just getting around to introducing myself. I hope you guys will forgive my breach of etiquette - especially since my inexperience as a rider, and even more so my inexperience wrenching on bikes, will keep my apologies coming with a frequency that's bound to annoy the kindest hearted among you.

Since I'm a daily rider who is learning to work on my bike as the issues arise, I will be begging help off of those of you with the patience for it. I can say this, however: I do know a bit about the history of this bike, for what it's worth. The story behind the creation of the Vmax and the somewhat counter culture nature of those who love the bike sucked me in. What I mean to say is that I live to ride and I ride to live (4 wheeled idiot carriages allowing on the latter) ever since I first threw my leg over Maxine and I am now totally and completely smitten.

So, the wife and I just relocated from Portland, Oregon here to Charlotte, so not only am I a stranger in a strange land (and a land devoid of any sort of sanity on the roads. And that's no shit - I've never seen anything like it!), I've nary a single brother-in-arms to fall back on for help with the constant questions and quandaries I'm running up against on a nearly daily basis. sorrowful violin solo

Anyhow, I fell in love with the Vmax before I ever even owned one. So much so that I think my sugar momma of a wife finally relented and dropped 3 G's to buy me my '92 more to shut me up than anything else. Little did she know how costly a mistake that was, as she has facilitated the beginning of a love affair that has surprised even me. The passion I have for this bike is truely disgusting, and as of yet shows little sign of abating.

In conclusion, I just want to thank those of you who have helped me out already and those of you who will no doubt he'll me out in the future. The camaraderie I've seen and had extended toward me already is truely one of a kind and it's a big part of what has made me love this beautiful machine, warts and all, and I hope to be a part of it all. As both a beneficiary, and a contributor, to the brotherhood of the 'Maxers.

Thank you,
TheMeanSupreme
aka TheHellionOfRebellion
aka TheMasterOfDisaster
aka TheAyatollahOfRock'nRolla
Or just plain 'ol Justin

Hiya, fellas & fella-etts...
My name is Justin (online handle is "TheMeanSupreme") and I'm a noob... and a lazy noob at that, as I've been a member for a couple of months now and am just getting around to introducing myself. I hope you guys will forgive my breach of etiquette - especially since my inexperience as a rider, and even more so my inexperience wrenching on bikes, will keep my apologies coming with a frequency that's bound to annoy the kindest hearted among you.

Since I'm a daily rider who is learning to work on my bike as the issues arise, I will be begging help off of those of you with the patience for it. I can say this, however: I do know a bit about the history of this bike, for what it's worth. The story behind the creation of the Vmax and the somewhat counter culture nature of those who love the bike sucked me in. What I mean to say is that I live to ride and I ride to live (4 wheeled idiot carriages allowing on the latter) ever since I first threw my leg over Maxine and I am now totally and completely smitten.

So, the wife and I just relocated from Portland, Oregon here to Charlotte, so not only am I a stranger in a strange land (and a land devoid of any sort of sanity on the roads. And that's no shit - I've never seen anything like it!), I've nary a single brother-in-arms to fall back on for help with the constant questions and quandaries I'm running up against on a nearly daily basis. sorrowful violin solo

Anyhow, I fell in love with the Vmax before I ever even owned one. So much so that I think my sugar momma of a wife finally relented and dropped 3 G's to buy me my '92 more to shut me up than anything else. Little did she know how costly a mistake that was, as she has facilitated the beginning of a love affair that has surprised even me. The passion I have for this bike is truely disgusting, and as of yet shows little sign of abating.

In conclusion, I just want to thank those of you who have helped me out already and those of you who will no doubt he'll me out in the future. The camaraderie I've seen and had extended toward me already is truely one of a kind and it's a big part of what has made me love this beautiful machine, warts and all, and I hope to be a part of it all. As both a beneficiary, and a contributor, to the brotherhood of the 'Maxers.

Thank you,
TheMeanSupreme
aka TheHellionOfRebellion
aka TheMasterOfDisaster
aka TheAyatollahOfRock'nRolla
Or just plain 'ol Justin

Very well put, welcome to the board and congrats on your new acquisition. Great bikes indeed. If you found drivers worse than those in the Pacific Northwest then I'm really sorry about that! Make sure you stay out of their blind spots and keep an eye on the rear view, especially at stops. When I lived in Seattle collision avoidance was an eerily regular exercise. Enjoy!!!

Howdy, a year and 3 weeks ago I bought an 03 Vmax, I brought it home, pushed it out of my pickup into the carport, 2 days later a forest fire came through and as luck would have it it got a bit melty.
Upon returning home after the fire I found the bike to be in the way, pushed into the bike shed as I needed room for a disabled father to come and go from our motor-home as he was still displaced. @ months later I went to take it for a ride and found it wouldn't start, no gas, no battery acid, no brake fluid and very low on radiator coolant. The turn signals, radiator cover and the side of the dash all melted some. The old girl only had 8000 miles on her so I bought her back from the insurance co and just got her back on the road today. I have added a switchblade 2up windshield and leatherlyke saddlebags and will soon put a box on the back so my German shorthair can go too. I guess I should mention I bought this silly thing to haul around on the back of the motor-home as it is small enough that my wife can ride it yet big enough we can both ride on it while being several hundred pounds lighter than my Goldwing making it much easier to load on the rear bumper of the motor-home.

Hey there, Ollie here. Just got my 2000 VMAX my grandfather, original owner and now I'm part of the family. US Navy here living in Virginia Beach, VA.

This is the first mod I did. Installed Cobras and already modified them right before rejeting my carbs and synchro them.

Last edited:
Hello all, Nik here. just joined and will be sharing the resurrection of my 88 max after 8 years. Should be interesting and solving whatever issues i run into might help someone else in a similar situation... I will post my story in the main forum? search "88 max resurrection" if yer interested! til then ride safe!
Nik

Hello all. I joined last night to learn more about tbe Vmax 1200. I don't actually have a Vmax as of yet, but I'm looking to buy one. I'm considering an 07 Black with ghost flames, 05 Redand an 01 Grey bike. All look to bed in excellent condition. Any advice, pointers, or suggestions? I have been riding since I was 16 (52 now) and have had several bikes. Currently have an 83 VF1100C Magna and an 08 CBR1000RR. Thanks.

Hello all. I joined last night to learn more about tbe Vmax 1200. I don't actually have a Vmax as of yet, but I'm looking to buy one. I'm considering an 07 Black with ghost flames, 05 Redand an 01 Grey bike. All look to bed in excellent condition. Any advice, pointers, or suggestions? I have been riding since I was 16 (52 now) and have had several bikes. Currently have an 83 VF1100C Magna and an 08 CBR1000RR. Thanks.

Welcome to the collective. Great name BTW, Hager is the shit :punk:

There isn't much outside the ordinary with these bikes, depending on the year it's a good idea to make sure it doesnt have the 2nd gear issue. Here is a thread in which some prepurchase stuff is covered, that might have some good reading on what to look for.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8731

When you do get it making sure it's dialed in is time well spent. A little doctoring on the carbs and air box paid huge dividends on mine.

Welcome and good luck with the search.

Welcome to a great forum. Usually buying a bike with the mods you want, done already is cheaper. Wheels, exhaust, tuning. Not that you won't enjoy doing it yourself.
Steve-o

Welcome to a great forum. Usually buying a bike with the mods you want, done already is cheaper. Wheels, exhaust, tuning. Not that you won't enjoy doing it yourself.
Steve-o

+1
These mods cost a fair chunk of change but dont seem to add much to the bikes value, so yea, further ahead to find one that someone else has already put the money into. Nothing sounds better than a vmax with some pipes on her!

Welcome ! I live in Maryville to & do a lot of work on Vmax's and other bikes to . I occasionally have a Max for sale here & there.

Welcome aboard Jan Bee. It's a pretty great sight. All things Vmax and then sum:punk:

Latest posts

Back