Tips for a 6'8" rider

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking for a new windshield.Does the Memphis Shades Classic Deuce work with no mods?Signal lights relocated?Is there much adjustment options?I had ordered a National Cycle Sport Shield EX but had to send it back because it wouldn't fit.

I did make some turn signal extensions to drop them down so the windshield would fit. I do believe memphis shades' website has turn signal brackets that mount to the forks.

I did make some turn signal extensions to drop them down so the windshield would fit. I do believe memphis shades' website has turn signal brackets that mount to the forks.

Would you happen to have any pictures to post?It would help to see how it looks on the bike in addition to your modifications to the signal lights.I did try to look the shield up on several web sites and noticed that they all never listed the vmax as a fitment.I expect that was due to the signal lights.

I'm 6'5" and did run a Memphis Shades, Classic Deuce, then switched to this MRN for awhile and liked it a lot. Not so big as to be obnoxious but the little lip on the top pulls the wind (most of it anyhow) up and over your helmet.

What about the one you had on 99, or genny

Would you happen to have any pictures to post?It would help to see how it looks on the bike in addition to your modifications to the signal lights.I did try to look the shield up on several web sites and noticed that they all never listed the vmax as a fitment.I expect that was due to the signal lights.

Sorry for the late reply. Tried to post pics, but they were too large, so I'm setting up an Photobucket account....pics coming! Edit: Photobucket kicked my butt, got pics on there but not sure how to get them on here, bear with me cause im new to this smart phone thing! Apologize for the crappy pics, and I have no idea why 2 are sideways! Last pic is of the Memphis shades turn signal relocation fork bracket. Its adjustable, so can go on different diameter fork tubes. Hope it helped you.

Attachments

• 0825162014-1.jpg
    0825162014-1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 0825162058.jpg
    0825162058.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 0825162058_Burst02.jpg
    0825162058_Burst02.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 0825162103.jpg
    0825162103.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 16
Matt Donnelly is about 6'5" or 6'6" and he bought a Maxgasser seat and added forward controls his Vmax and he said they both made a Huge difference for him.

Attachments

• Matt-Donnelly-1260-Vmax-2.jpg
    Matt-Donnelly-1260-Vmax-2.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Matt-Donnelly-1260-Vmax.jpg
    Matt-Donnelly-1260-Vmax.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 21
Sorry for the late reply. Tried to post pics, but they were too large, so I'm setting up an Photobucket account....pics coming! Edit: Photobucket kicked my butt, got pics on there but not sure how to get them on here, bear with me cause im new to this smart phone thing! Apologize for the crappy pics, and I have no idea why 2 are sideways! Last pic is of the Memphis shades turn signal relocation fork bracket. Its adjustable, so can go on different diameter fork tubes. Hope it helped you.

I not that good with new technology either or I would have pictures of mine on my profile.i I like the looks of the shield,just not so sure about the relocation of the turn signals.I saw the Memphis's shades relocation bracket but was hard to tell in the picture how it was used.Also will probably have to splice the wires to extend them or is their enough in there behind the headlight?

06Maximus, I kinda LIKE the windshield look. If it comes off easy, I'd probably only use it on the highway (I'm in NYC surrounded by them), I will definitely investigate.

Matt D.'s max looks great. Maybe first chain drive with forward controls that I've seen (though new Diavel may have it too).

Just got a used Corbin for $175 (MaxGasser and new Corbin look great, but 3x that and there's other stuff I'm saving up for).

I'll follow up with any difference for my freakishly tall stature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06Maximus, I kinda LIKE the windshield look. If it comes off easy, I'd probably only use it on the highway (I'm in NYC surrounded by them), I will definitely investigate.

Matt D.'s max looks great. Maybe first chain drive with forward controls that I've seen (though new Diavel may have it too).

Just got a used Corbin for $175 (MaxGasser and new Corbin look great, but 3x that and there's other stuff I'm saving up for).

I'll follow up with any difference for my freakishly tall stature.

Yeah IMO it does NOT come off easy. It can be a real job to get it on and adjusted just right, but I'm kinda anal about being perfect when it comes to things like having an equal gap between the headlight ring and the windshield.

Yeah IMO it does NOT come off easy. It can be a real job to get it on and adjusted just right, but I'm kinda anal about being perfect when it comes to things like having an equal gap between the headlight ring and the windshield.

+1 I agree, not easily removable at all....and I feel the same way about the equal gap Bob but disagree about the anal-ness.....you could end up with uneven airflow and then you know what might happen......right, the dreaded WOBBLE!! :bang head:

+1 I agree, not easily removable at all....and I feel the same way about the equal gap Bob but disagree about the anal-ness.....you could end up with uneven airflow and then you know what might happen......right, the dreaded WOBBLE!! :bang head:

Yeah, been there! Then I adjusted the bearings too tight, and had the DREADED WEAVE!

I have a Memphis Shade Hellcat windshield, that I now use from time to time.

First pic shows that signal lights that relocated and extended and second pic shows signal lights in stock position, because I cut the bottom sides of the shield.

Offers good wind protection and is easy to take off and on.

I'm 5'10" but there's plenty of adjustment to raise the shield more.

Mike

Attachments

• user978_pic1445_1243309006.jpeg
    user978_pic1445_1243309006.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 19
  • user978_pic6922_1346891905.jpg
    user978_pic6922_1346891905.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 22
I have a Memphis Shade Hellcat windshield, that I now use from time to time.

First pic shows that signal lights that relocated and extended and second pic shows signal lights in stock position, because I cut the bottom sides of the shield.

Offers good wind protection and is easy to take off and on.

I'm 5'10" but there's plenty of adjustment to raise the shield more.

Mike

One of the better looking shields I have seen on a vmax.Was there enough wire tucked behind the head light for the relocation of the signal light or did you need to add and splice?

One of the better looking shields I have seen on a vmax.Was there enough wire tucked behind the head light for the relocation of the signal light or did you need to add and splice?

I used small extensions that had a female and a male connector at opposite ends. This way if you want to go back to stock length, just remove the extension pieces.

Mike

I used small extensions that had a female and a male connector at opposite ends. This way if you want to go back to stock length, just remove the extension pieces.

Mike

Good idea.I need to get a different shield and all of the ones I like don't fit without mods.That's one thing about the vmax that sucks.The aftermarket for them are not good due to the low numbers of them made.Not much choice on mods.

Update: Used Corbin seat arrived two days ago, on my first riding break right now.

Seriously, even if it's closer to the ground, the shape bends the hips more, bringing the knees up and forward, making it much more comfortable for my lanky ass. The forward position of my knees/feet (imo) begs for forward controls. All in all, very pleased with this upgrade.

Latest posts

Back