What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on July 15th I took a little ride East and returned home 3 weeks later with a big smile on my face and a bit over 5,000 mile under my belt. The brand new metzlers are looking a little square on the rear and a little cupped on the front!

Back on July 15th I took a little ride East and returned home 3 weeks later with a big smile on my face and a bit over 5,000 mile under my belt. The brand new metzlers are looking a little square on the rear and a little cupped on the front!
Well ^she's not looking "square on the rear" or "little" cupped on the front. Sorry to hear about the tires though.

I read your post wrong and instead of "Rotated" I thought you typed "Roasted" I figured your rear tire was due for a new one so you were going to have a massive burn out.

I'm glad I read your post again and realized you said "Rotated" instead of "Roasted" your rear tire......LOL

A mistake like that wouldn't have help me any, I make enough goof ups without adding a reply about you roasting your rear tire. Hope your rotated tire goes well.

I rotate ( or roast) my tire 50 yards at a time!:biglaugh:

So I was having hot start issues and used the instructions in the sticky to alleviate the issue. I purchased a 12 gauge inline 30 amp fuse and replaced the crimp with a direct positive line from the R/R to the positive battery post. I went from 13.2v at idle to 13.8 and 13.8 at 2500rpm to 14.25v. Very pleased with the results and it seems to have stopped the hot start problem. I didn't bother replacing the stator plug with hard wiring nor did I run the ground to the negative battery terminal as it says in the sticky but I do have a question about the ground wire. When I tore into the wiring I noticed the ground wire running to the R/R plug has red bands on it. There are 2 ground wires attached to the frame to the right of the coils, one of these wires also has the red band. Is this the same wire from the R/R? If so, should I remove it from the frame ground and attach it to the negative battery terminal or should I just leave it where it is and run a separate ground wire from the battery to this same frame ground? Or just leave the whole thing alone. Thanks for your help.

Rode it like crazy all summer. We had a blast last night.Eric,Mike,Dannymax,and myself rode the Berkshires and topped off the day watching Zak run some very respectable times at the strip.That guy can launch a vmax,consistent 10's all night. It was great to finally have a chance to meet Eric. A nice ride home today will
Top it off,
Steve-o

Rode it like crazy all summer. We had a blast last night.Eric,Mike,Dannymax,and myself rode the Berkshires and topped off the day watching Zak run some very respectable times at the strip.That guy can launch a vmax,consistent 10's all night. It was great to finally have a chance to meet Eric. A nice ride home today will
Top it off,
Steve-o

Zak is a monster at the track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn sorry I missed that steve-o

Kind of a last minute thing Rick, sorry. I originally was just going to meet Eric and Danny, with Mike. Next time I will remember & call you,Rick. We're kicking around a track night on a Wed night some week. Get everyone that's interested to go. I'll run if I have my trailer. In case, it's not ride worthy when I'm finished?
Rice-O-Rama is coming up in two weeks. Be good to see you and everyone that can,go.
Steve-o

Kind of a last minute thing Rick, sorry. I originally was just going to meet Eric and Danny, with Mike. Next time I will remember & call you,Rick. We're kicking around a track night on a Wed night some week. Get everyone that's interested to go. I'll run if I have my trailer. In case, it's not ride worthy when I'm finished?
Rice-O-Rama is coming up in two weeks. Be good to see you and everyone that can,go.
Steve-o

Was BSing with the other racers when 3 VMaxs rolled in. Every one looked at me and asked if i called in reinforcements! :rofl_200:

Steve-o

Let me know as well I'm right in Albany

So I was having hot start issues and used the instructions in the sticky to alleviate the issue. I purchased a 12 gauge inline 30 amp fuse and replaced the crimp with a direct positive line from the R/R to the positive battery post. I went from 13.2v at idle to 13.8 and 13.8 at 2500rpm to 14.25v. Very pleased with the results and it seems to have stopped the hot start problem. I didn't bother replacing the stator plug with hard wiring nor did I run the ground to the negative battery terminal as it says in the sticky but I do have a question about the ground wire. When I tore into the wiring I noticed the ground wire running to the R/R plug has red bands on it. There are 2 ground wires attached to the frame to the right of the coils, one of these wires also has the red band. Is this the same wire from the R/R? If so, should I remove it from the frame ground and attach it to the negative battery terminal or should I just leave it where it is and run a separate ground wire from the battery to this same frame ground? Or just leave the whole thing alone. Thanks for your help.
I would run that red wire with the bands to the neg battery post. Also post it in the electrical section.

I did exactly what you did on my 2000, I connected the positive lead from the R/R to the Positive terminal of the battery with a 30 Amp inline fuse and 14 gauge wire.
I did Not bother with the negative side or the ground wires because my numbers went up to 13.2-13.4 or so at idle and about 14.3-14.4 volts at 2500 and above.
So IMO there is no reason to mess with the ground wires or the negative lead from the R/R.

Let me know as well I'm right in Albany

I will post something.
Speaking of the POPO. A sweet little lady Mass State Trouper came up on me today and pulled me over. She asked me to guess which 3 laws I violated. She said she liked that I was wearing a full helmet. Informed me of passing on the right and not pulling into the right lane except when passing. She was in a great mode and suggested keeping it under 90 mph. No tickets. I should buy a lottery ticket tonight.
Steve-0

Top it off,
Steve-o

That was a great day, and great meeting yall as well. Kinda like we had talked about, I would like to think that is one lesson that Joe taught me, sometimes you have to step out from behind the computer.....and go meet people.

Danny and Heidi are just the nicest people....hell even the dog and cat are nice....lol.

Steve, Mike and Danny, are as much a character in real life (even more so) than they are on the forum.

Zak is a HELLUVA racer, mid 10's on a modded Vmax is AWESOME.

It was a great time.

And thanks to everyone being understanding with my schedule, sometimes its just up in the air.

That was a great day, and great meeting yall as well. Kinda like we had talked about, I would like to think that is one lesson that Joe taught me, sometimes you have to step out from behind the computer.....and go meet people.

Danny and Heidi are just the nicest people....hell even the dog and cat are nice....lol.

Steve, Mike and Danny, are as much a character in real life (even more so) than they are on the forum.

It was a great time.

And thanks to everyone being understanding with my schedule, sometimes its just up in the air.

Same here Bro, I'm so glad we did that. We had such a great time. I can't wait to get together again. Maybe in Oklahoma this winter. BRC is always special to visit, and you're right on about Dan-o and Heidi.
Joe passing got me motivated too. We had made plans to get together at his place and it never happened. We make great friends here on the forum. So, when I get a chance now, I gas up and ride to meet up. I was hoping to get to Kyle's but couldn't get it done this year. Maybe Eurica Springs in 2017 for me. There's a Northeast event in a couple of weeks, Rice-o- Rama. I hope as many as possible can make it.
Steve-o

Same here Bro, I'm so glad we did that. We had such a great time. I can't wait to get together again. Maybe in Oklahoma this winter. BRC is always special to visit, and you're right on about Dan-o and Heidi.
Joe passing got me motivated too. We had made plans to get together at his place and it never happened. We make great friends here on the forum. So, when I get a chance now, I gas up and ride to meet up. I was hoping to get to Kyle's but couldn't get it done this year. Maybe Eurica Springs in 2017 for me. There's a Northeast event in a couple of weeks, Rice-o- Rama. I hope as many as possible can make it.
Steve-o

Well Ive asked at the local HD dealership how much to rent the dyno for a day, I still havent gotten an answer back yet. Normally here, the dyno is used on Saturday (but they may not want to have Vmax's at the dyno with paying customers around). If its reasonable, I would still like to put on a Southwest Dyno day. So people can come down, and dyno their bikes (basically for free). So have that on one day, and a ride in the Wichita mtns the other day.

Eureka Springs is a BLAST!!!, and there are some GREAT riders that show up their. I think that you would enjoy it.

It was a great time.

Feel its a honor that a fellow VMaxer would come from Oklahoma, meet with people from Massachusetts and New York, And stop by street night at a drag strip where i race. Thank you Eric, Mike, Steve and Danny for stopping by! Turned my best time of the year (while rolling off the throttle 50' of the stripe and breaking out....) at 10.65 :punk:

Feel its a honor that a fellow VMaxer would come from Oklahoma, meet with people from Massachusetts and New York, And stop by street night at a drag strip where i race. Thank you Eric, Mike, Steve and Danny for stopping by! Turned my best time of the year (while rolling off the throttle 50' of the stripe and breaking out....) at 10.65 :punk:

You made it a special night too Zak. Always great to see you and watch you run.

Back