My New MaxGasser Seat is Absolutely Awesome...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
Some of you know that Rick offered to swap me a Maxgasser Seat for 2 sets of factory scoops that I had advertised. I couldn't pass on his offer. At the time, Rick had a seat at CaptainKyle's that was new in the box. Kyle lives 20 miles from me,,, until the big move. He was going to show the seat at Tech Days and to customers who have him work on their Vmax's. It's Black with Red Stitching. Perfect for my Bike IMHO. Kyle was Cool with the deal Rick and I had done and Rick is going to send Kyle another seat. I had a Sargent Seat on the bike that kinda matched the Wrap Job with it's Black and Red Color Combination.

I put the new seat on Strafer. Didn’t leave the rear seat folding bracket on it because I have added electronics mounted right where it would be folding. The rear seat section is quite secure with only the front latches. Actually I think you could flip the bike and both seat sections would stay in place, the back holds the front securely in place. I also like the fact that I can quickly remove both the front and rear sections for
maintenance.

My Wife loves to ride but has hated every seat I've put on. Factory, Corbin, Sargent and Sportmax are a few. She's always had difficulty with a sore butt or sliding down and forward at every dip in the road. The MaxGasser keeps her in place and is cushy so she’s really happy that we have it. The front section in combination with the rear gives better back support than other seats I’ve had and comfort ranks very high IMHO.

The MaxGasser Seat and Rick rank a 10 out of 10 in my book..

I took some pictures of the Seat on the bike by a local lake. I also shot pictures of some of the other external mods on the bike just in case anyone else likes them.

Dave in Florida

StraferLeft.jpg

StraferLeftMaxGasser.jpg

StraferRightMaxGasser.jpg

A few other angles of my bike and the current look.

StraferDash.jpg

StraferLeftScoopInsert.jpg

StraferLeftFront.jpg

StraferRightScoopInsert.jpg

StraferRear.jpg

StraferFront.jpg

Been two years and about 12,000 miles on the Maxgasser seat and I have no complaints. Very good quality seat.

Mike

I love mine...About a year and a half ago i emailed Dave and ask him what did he think was the best seat to have on a Vmax. He stated the Maxgasser. I took Daves advice...talked to Rick...and ordered one. Best money i ever spent for the Max.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Very Nice, I always Loved Strafer and the black/red seat blends in very well !

It pops off , he removed the hinge for his electronics. Dave that looks sweet, one on the nicest . Being all hand made there are some slight variances .
Kyle , I O U a new demo seat.. The rest of you , thanks !

Yes, a good compliment to the bike, I like the WW II fighter USAAF look. The seat integrates much-better there than on some other pics of other installations I've seen. I think the sissy bar reduces the visual height of the rear pillon especially.

Thanx for the compliments about Strafer. I get pulled over all the time, people want to ask who did the paint work. It's not paint, the bike is a wrap job that was done to match the Bell Helmet. We spent a week doing artwork and completing the process. The person who made all this possible used to paint original helmet designs for manufacturers. He at one time made huge money but now it all goes to China.:confused2::bang head:
Go Figure...

Rick, you make an EXTREMELY HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT. It fits and functions perfectly and looks Frigging Badd Ass'd. You've taken things into consideration in your design that other manufacturers have totally ignored...

Again, 10 Stars....

It pops off , he removed the hinge for his electronics. Dave that looks sweet, one on the nicest . Being all hand made there are some slight variances .
Kyle , I O U a new demo seat.. The rest of you , thanks !

What do your seats run cost wise, you can PM me if you would rather.

I'm not currently making them , they were selling for $459 for the first five years , the last year the price went up to $559. More with custom stitching or matching sissy bar pad cover.
This was a 1st gen seat.

I will be making the last of the MAXRELAXERS in the next couple weeks , that's the Gen II high way bar I've been selling , but when these last sets are gone that's it, no more . I'll be having fun with my " new " project

I'm not currently making them , they were selling for $459 for the first five years , the last year the price went up to $559. More with custom stitching or matching sissy bar pad cover.
This was a 1st gen seat.

I will be making the last of the MAXRELAXERS in the next couple weeks , that's the Gen II high way bar I've been selling , but when these last sets are gone that's it, no more . I'll be having fun with my " new " project

I hope the new project is another seat for the gen 1..... Seriously though if anyone has another option then the Corbin seat with the flap that I have please let me know. Also I have a broken stock back rest that I'm thinking needs replaced. It's broke where the reflector bolts onto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the new project is another seat for the gen 1..... Seriously though if anyone has another option then the Corbin seat with the flap that I have please let me know. Also I have a broken stock back rest that I'm thinking needs replaced. It's broke where the reflector bolts onto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM twistedmax as he is building 2 more.

Here is one of the covers , flat black with gray "perferated " seating area. I had one like this on my blue bike it looked sharp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 27
And this is the other one , flat black outer with gloss black seating area, red stitched. This is just like the one on Evan Bs bike on the Maxgasser web site and the Maxgasser YouTube install video.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back