turn signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
I put the small aluminum lights on my bike(maybe you can see them in the garage),I think k&l makes them.They have a small round bulb in them.The problem is the socket is so cheaply made that they almost just fall apart trying to change a bulb,mounting tab breaks off,bulbs are always burning out.Just a real let down for a cool looking light.
I rode to bike night tonight and blew 3 fuses from something in the front signal shorting out.I think its time to go with led's.
does anybody have any good sugestions for some? Thanks,Shawn

There was some nice lights I saw on EBay that I always wanted but they would never ship to Canada.:realmad: I'll see if I can find them again, can't remember if they were LED or not.

I don't know why people put these tiny turn signals that are hardy visible at night and insignificant in day light, want real turn signals that are attention getting in day light and at night, They are LEB and really bright, 4 inch vs 3.5 inch stock, has both running and brake light , the also come in amber, red and clear red, if you want to be irritatingly visible then these are the lights
http://www.vehiclelight.com/2100a.html

I am seriously considering getting them, I know some will laugh, but hey these are VISIBLE especially in day light to the point of having a hypnotizing effect on drivers who see them, I first saw them on a tow truck and searched to find them on line
firefly

Last edited:
firefly said:
I don't know why people put these tiny turn signals that are hardy visible at night and insignificant in day light, want real turn signals that are attention getting in day light and at night, They are LEB and really bright, 4 inch vs 3.5 inch stock, has both running and brake light , the also come in amber, red and clear red, if you want to be irritatingly visible then these are the lights
http://www.vehiclelight.com/2100a.html

I am seriously considering getting them, I know some will laugh, but hey these are VISIBLE especially in day light to the point of having a hypnotizing effect on drivers who see them, I first saw them on a tow truck and searched to find them on line
firefly
I prefer the look of the little lights not the lollipop look of the stockers.

I found these in the thumbnail below. The ones on the top right. They are aluminum bodied markers and have a bulb. They seem to be very well built and are as bright as the stockers. The price was right too...

G Man

Attachments

• 06mcen_page_0806 (3).jpg
    06mcen_page_0806 (3).jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 65
G Man said:
I found these in the thumbnail below. The ones on the top right. They are aluminum bodied markers and have a bulb. They seem to be very well built and are as bright as the stockers. The price was right too...

G Man
Those are the same ones that I am saying are cheap junk inside.Mine are made by k&s ind. Shawn

vmx12s said:
I picked up a set from Jon at UFO. Small and very well built.
www.ufocycles.com
Those are the same ones too.Look at the ones on my bike in the v4 garage pics.The little mounting tab inside snaps off making them useless.I have resoldered two of mine and replace a dozen bulbs in the last year. Shawn

Ok I found K&S technologies website and emailed them with the whatfor.They emailed me back almost immediately wanting to know the exact model numbers and what bike I had.So we will see what they do next.I asked them why they were so generically made inside(socket and mounting tab).After I thought about it Iremembered my wifes fazer has the same signals on it and they are having the same problems. Shawn

Shawn kloker said:
I put the small aluminum lights on my bike(maybe you can see them in the garage),I think k&l makes them.They have a small round bulb in them.The problem is the socket is so cheaply made that they almost just fall apart trying to change a bulb,mounting tab breaks off,bulbs are always burning out.Just a real let down for a cool looking light.
I rode to bike night tonight and blew 3 fuses from something in the front signal shorting out.I think its time to go with led's.
does anybody have any good sugestions for some? Thanks,Shawn

Shawn, here is an idea for your cheap socketed turn signals , you can gut the internals of it and install LED light strips, if your signals can accommodate a 2 inch LED light strips you can actually place two of them inside the housing of your turn signals, you can also put strobe light strips, they are the same dimensions, if interested I can post some photos of the LED light strips.
firefly

Last edited:
shawn kloker said:
Ok I found K&S technologies website and emailed them with the whatfor.They emailed me back almost immediately wanting to know the exact model numbers and what bike I had.So we will see what they do next.I asked them why they were so generically made inside(socket and mounting tab).After I thought about it Iremembered my wifes fazer has the same signals on it and they are having the same problems. Shawn

Wow, you got a response from them which is usually a good sign. Maybe you'll get a freebie out of it.

The company finally replied again to my email about their lights being junk and falling apart inside.Their reply was that they are not the correct turn signals for my bike .They are marker lights and they will not make them right.Wow big help K&S,thanks.

shawn kloker said:
The company finally replied again to my email about their lights being junk and falling apart inside.Their reply was that they are not the correct turn signals for my bike .They are marker lights and they will not make them right.Wow big help K&S,thanks.

Shawn, what do they look like? I think I have an idea that might work.
can you post a clear photo of the turn signal with and without the lens?
You can fit LED in it, take a look at the attachments.:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• modified 19 LED.jpg
    modified 19 LED.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 24
  • LED installed.jpg
    LED installed.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 24
  • LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
We've got some Shock Racing LEDs on the wifes bike and they are ultra light, ultra bright, and work awesome. They did require the anti-reversion kit from Kurayken to keep from blinking all four at once. They do also blink a bit faster than normal. BUT - they are the brightest things you ever saw. They are not the ultra tiny ones either. They are thinner than the stock ones by far, chromed plastic (or some other lightweight material), with clear lenses.

Sean Morley

hey i wouldnt mind seeing a picture of or a link to the led light strips. I just bought the same exact set off ebay (earlier in this thread) I havnt been home to see them yet so i dont know how well built they are, but i wanted to convert them to led before i ever purchased them. One thing with me though is i got the black lenses so would that be a problem with led's? Does anyone know what the best route would be to go led? Thanks a lot:eusa_dance:

http://www.superlumination.com/ they have all kinds of LED and even strobe light strips and LED light strips (good for license plat illumination), great prices and fast shipping all you need is be creative.

Last edited:
Back