Looking to buy a 96

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
96 v max, purple. Two brothers full 4 to 1 exhaust, power commander 3, passenger back rest. Other than that stock with brand new tires. 48,500 miles. Doesn't run, according to current owner the fuel pump went out back in April, and he got back surgery before he could fix it. It's rough, sitting out side. Figured I'd buy it swap parts to my 97 exhaust, and the carbs with possibly a stage 7. Maybe the power commander not sure about that yet. The bad, didn't run, no key. Says he lost it while on a ride, got it so you can use a flat screw driver to turn it on, battery dead so I couldn't hear it crank. I thought it was a stolen bike, but he produced a clean title and the vin matches the stamp on the neck, Asking $1,700. Figured if I get what parts I want I can get it running, or part it out.

You could part it out but I would not even offer half of what he is asking. Way too many unknowns.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk

Like Nancy Reagan said, "just say,'no.'"

Way too expensive for a non runner. $5-600 is what I would pay for a rough non-running bike w/title.

There is no such "Power Commander" for the Gen 1 bike and no other jet kits that had a "Stage 3" designation (that fit the Vmax anyway).

He was explaining what he calls the power commander 3, he said when he turned it on it changed the idle. I think what it does is open the v boost so it's on all the time. He explained it like an old chevy 350 with a cam. Mine does it if I turn the key on let the v boost open and unplug it and then crank the bike, it does sound like it's got a cam. He said it scared him so he turned the switch off and never used it again lol.

I don't have a clue to the exhaust. It's a two brothers can, but I've scoured eBay and Google none of the exhausts look like the one on this bike. It all runs to the right side. Before the front pipes go under the motor the left header runs to the right side of the bike then they both run side by side under the oil pan to the rear headers and all four join and go to the can. Every aftermarket header I look at the front headers are separate to the back. Unless I'm missing something:ummm: I don't have any pics.

Latest posts

Back