What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Changed out my fuel sender unit today.. What a PITA to get too.. Figured I could take it for a ride today, but while putting everything back together, I found an issue with my rear brake master cylinders' cap. Looked like its disintegrating away. Wondered why my rear brakes felt a bit spongy.
Put everything back together and ordered a full replacement set. Now i'm grounded till it gets here..:real mad:

Swapped out my mains. Did it for the first time without dropping a jet in the bowl or loosing part of a toothpick, lol. Sync, mix screw adj and most likely needle adj will have to wait til the afternoon as my neighbors dont appreciate it at 2:30 am, lol.

Changed all fluids and filters. New spark plugs, COP's, new battery. Flushed coolant system.

Oh happy day :eusa_dance: A big box chock full of carbon fiber from Thailand arrived today! It showed up a few weeks ahead of schedule so I'm ecstatic. Now the Max is dressed properly for business:punk:
20160524_114020.jpg

20160524_164412.jpg

20160524_164336.jpg

20160524_164305.jpg

That god damned tail light is really stressing me out :barf:
I hated the boat trailer look as well....here is what I have now....super bright at nightuploadfromtaptalk1464572911629.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464572929606.jpg license plate integrated as well!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Got her all put together and got a couple of quick rides in only to now be stumbling between 2250 and around 3500 rpm now... i miss having fuel injection and laptop tuning, lol.

Started blowing the 10 amp fuse for the turn signals, lost tach and temp signals.
Started unplugging stuff and got to the turn signal flasher relay 41R-71. i dropped the box and when i reinstalled it, no more blown fuses.

Anybody got one? I am going to start looking on ebay tonight, any aftermarket relays work//

Started blowing the 10 amp fuse for the turn signals, lost tach and temp signals.
Started unplugging stuff and got to the turn signal flasher relay 41R-71. i dropped the box and when i reinstalled it, no more blown fuses.

Anybody got one? I am going to start looking on ebay tonight, any aftermarket relays work//
This is going to bum you out----I just sent this to maxxer in spokane wa.-free-with free shipping---

Attachments

• CIMG1391.jpg
    CIMG1391.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 23
Rode it to Ludington MI today, new voltage regulator working great :punk:

Attachments

• 20160602_133718.jpg
    20160602_133718.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20160602_133335.jpg
    20160602_133335.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20160602_142512.jpg
    20160602_142512.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 19
The ice is off Lake Michigan? :rofl_200:

I was just in Chicago last weekend, it was beautiful weather. A bit over a month ago in western MA, my brother said it was snowing.

Our pool in Miami just hit 90* F.

Do you have a bike-mounted voltmeter or an ammeter? Glad it's doing well by you since the replacement.

Rode it to Ludington MI today, new voltage regulator working great :punk:

Put my mirrors back on and got my sticker. Took her to a straight farm road, no people, no houses. Practiced a few launches, still need more practice. Brought her up to 110. No shake, just pull. Having trouble coming out of the hole when the tire lifts but I'll figure it out. Love abandoned roads. Can't wait to add some power goodies. Love dusting other bikes with my backrest on.

I was just in Chicago last weekend, it was beautiful weather. A bit over a month ago in western MA, my brother said it was snowing.

Do you have a bike-mounted voltmeter or an ammeter? Glad it's doing well by you since the replacement.
Yep the ice is finally gone, think I saw some kids walking around with their ice skates looking glum. No voltmeter but my multimeter in garage said 14.2 so humming along nicely I would say. I don't know how you do not suffer burns swimming in your pool at such extreme temps!!!!!

Last edited:

My pool hit 90 degrees today too. It has been 115 degrees for 3 days and 2 more days to go!!!! But the bright side is--------Summer is almost here!!!:clapping::ummm:

My pool hit 90 degrees today too. It has been 115 degrees for 3 days and 2 more days to go!!!! But the bright side is--------Summer is almost here!!!:clapping::ummm:

B,

Isn't always summer in Palm Springs? :)

Ha, that's funny! When I lived in the snow belt I couldn't wait for spring. Now I get to ride all year-round. Unfortunately, as I was just mentioning to a friend I hadn't seen in awhile, the stupid inattentive or aggressive drivers have taken some of the fun out of riding.

A group of which I am a member, sponsored this PSA (public service announcement) contest about not texting and driving. Here are some of the videos: http://broward.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=5&clip_id=2084&embed=1

They are very moving.

Yep the ice is finally gone, think I saw some kids walking around with there ice skates looking glum. No voltmeter but my multimeter in garage said 14.2 so humming along nicely I would say. I don't know how you do not suffer burns swimming in it at such extreme temps!!!!!

Didn't technically work on the Max today, but I installed a pretty sweet sticker on the truck, I think it's worth 3Hp what'd think?

Attachments

• 20160605_170738.jpg
    20160605_170738.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20160605_170706.jpg
    20160605_170706.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 38
Today, I chopped up my air box and epoxied a channel that was removed and cleaned my filter. I'm hoping with some of the simple material removal there will be gains on how the bike breathes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back