Clutched supercharger

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman22

Reaction score
So blame it on my influenza a riddled brain or maybe just this bottle of NyQuil but has anybody tried to do a clutched supercharger on a vmax? Something like the unit on an mr2 wired into the vboost controller or your ignitech or new dyna3000.
Use a Variable speed magnetic clutch (Horton/Hayden) to cushion the the boost and you would give new meaning to v-boost. Yeah I know "step away from the NyQuil" but hey, sure sounds good don't it?

I debated that at one time but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. I have an MR2 unit on hand and even thought about the Mercedes units. I was planning a throttle switch with deactivation override when running corners so it would not come in too abruptly and upset the bike.

M62/m45 chargers could be swapped over to turn ccw with a little work. Information is a bit hard to come by on the magna charger used in the vmax setup was that a .5 l/rev?

I still sell the Magnachargers and can probably get the volume numbers. IT's the largest available and much more then the MR2 version. We also have an AMR500 supercharger around here.

Back