Crank bearing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mista_max

Reaction score
Rebulding the engine and need to repace crank bearings. I'm reading J1 J2 J3 J4 on the crank 2332 and on the case just one number 3. Guess that means 3 for all For all case journals. If i do the calculation i would get 0 for J2 J3 bearings . What color should I use ?

Bearing colours are:

1 - Blue
2 - Black
3 - Brown
4 - Green
5 - Yellow
6 - Pink
7 - Red

See section 3 page 40 of the Service manual.

That you asked the question would imply that either you don't have a service manual. If this is the case then it would be foolhardy to try and re-assemble without one.

Regardless of the numbers for the rods you might consider the Blues for all locations.

Regardless of the numbers for the rods you might consider the Blues for all locations.
Hi,

Silly question perhaps: but how that colour code turn into a spare number? For example blue main bearing, is it 1FK1141601 (first/uppermost option of the list of spare parts suppliers? There is no mention of colour codes). Just want to make sure before ordering anything :)

I'm going to built a budged engine based on Venture 1300 block & pistons and 1200VMX other HW. Crank need some polishing and I'm I was thinking of ordering your HD oiling kit to increase lubricating performance.

Hi,

Please take a look at the attachment. It shows the bearing types and also calculates the theoretical one you need.

Attachments

• Blank_Bearing_Calculator.zip
    10 KB · Views: 0
Silly question perhaps: but how that colour code turn into a spare number? For example blue main bearing, is it 1FK1141601 (first/uppermost option of the list of spare parts suppliers? There is no mention of colour codes). Just want to make sure before ordering anything :)
The bearings will have the same part identifier number (11416) and the colours are identified by the number in bold e.g.
BLUE 1FK-11416-01-00
GREEN 1FK-11416-31-00
BROWN 1FK-11416-21-00
BLACK 1FK-11416-11-00
PINK 1FK-11416-51-00
YELLOW 1FK-11416-41-00
RED 1FK-11416-61-00

Back