knocking on idle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello experts, need an advice cuase i going to get nuts. the last week i hear a knocking when my engine becomes little warm on i idle, it is definetely not the fcr rattle. when i engage a gear a letting the clutch lever the knocking goes away, when i ride and open the throttle all sounds perfectly, no power loss in any rpm. when i stop to a traffic light i hear this knocking and it gets me to my nerves, i also notice when i go down a road and have a gear in and the engine brakes by the gear i am in , the noise seems to be there and as the rpm falls the tempo slows down, when i accelarate it goes away. i ltry to post a video, you all know i had my engine recentrly rebuild i have about 5000 km, and i hope it is not something i have to tear my engine again. any advice will be welcome
what i did.
checked sync the carbs they were fine
pulled my clutch out checked bearing presure plate . all good.
tomorow i will check the starter clutch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rh-p0UGdR8

This is probably a Sean question. I know that he has mention a "knock" before, that isnt bad, and the bike can last a long time like that, and then of course others that are bad. Maybe he will chime in, in a bit?

This is probably a Sean question. I know that he has mention a "knock" before, that isnt bad, and the bike can last a long time like that, and then of course others that are bad. Maybe he will chime in, in a bit?
Sean already gave me his info as we talked it on Fb. This knock shouldnt be there. I try to eliminate all possibilities so i wont have to tear my emgine apart AGAIN

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9505 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I am talking to this man everyday. We dont think is a bearing and Sean believes that if it was a bearing the knock would be heard and in throttle. With the guy that rebuilded the engine we took apart today the clutch system replaced the basket with a second one i had in hand synched the carbs to be sure . And tommorow we ll check the starter clutch.

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9505 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

blackmax as you can see from the pics i have a heavy duty starter clutch from Sean as you saw in my video my bike starts with the press of the button... but the sound in the second video despites that my engines starts with no problem is pretty close to what i hear only with knocking is witha tempo and not randomly i ll check tommorow and see what i ll find out

View attachment 53112

View attachment 53113

View attachment 53114

Can you post a link or direct me to the person selling those upgraded bearings

We're repairing what appears to have been a flywheel magnet failure but not sure yet.

Back