What's a good engine stand???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyboy11

Reaction score
All,

I have my engine prepped and am about to remove it from my 85' for transmission problems and am trying to figure out the easiest way to work on it. Is there a good stand out there for mounting the engine that you guys have used? Right now I'm going to work it on the floor until I split the case and then move it to a work bench. I'm just dreading the remaining fluid when I turn this thing upside down for the case removal.

Whats a good engine stand for the Vmax? What do you guys use?

Use an automotive engine stand with some long threaded rods to line up with the engine mount bosses. remove the mounts from the cases. You'll be much more comfortable for sure and able to flip the engine 180 degrees.

Yep, and one of those low-profile garage engine catch-pans for the floor that you drive-over, and park your car/truck over, to catch your vehicle's errant lubricant/coolant droplets.

Use an automotive engine stand with some long threaded rods to line up with the engine mount bosses. remove the mounts from the cases. You'll be much more comfortable for sure and able to flip the engine 180 degrees.

You guys have any pics of your set ups? Will this allow me to split the cases in the stand?

Depending on the task at hand, here are pics of different set-ups I have used.
Like was mentioned, use the bottom half case to frame mounts with a generic engine stand, you get the 360 degree rotation. For a transmission upgrade, I used an ATV jack and a simple frame made to cradle the heads in order to pull only the bottom half.

Attachments

• 20170118_195810.jpg
    20170118_195810.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 051212174034.jpg
    051212174034.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 44
Depending on the task at hand, here are pics of different set-ups I have used.
Like was mentioned, use the bottom half case to frame mounts with a generic engine stand, you get the 360 degree rotation. For a transmission upgrade, I used an ATV jack and a simple frame made to cradle the heads in order to pull only the bottom half.

Thanks. That gives me some ideas..:hmmm:

Latest posts

Back