Heat Shields?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbidcow55

Reaction score
I've seen the carbon fiber ones but don't like the look. I have seen a metal one a few times that protects your inner thigh from the engine head. It has vent holes and is black. Anybody help me out? With hot temps and a hot Vmax, my...uhhh...boys get sweaty :)

You mean like these?

Attachments

• user8061_pic8979_1396283860.jpg
    user8061_pic8979_1396283860.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 171
I've seen the carbon fiber ones but don't like the look. I have seen a metal one a few times that protects your inner thigh from the engine head. It has vent holes and is black. Anybody help me out? With hot temps and a hot Vmax, my...uhhh...boys get sweaty :)

they keep your legs off but don't do a ton to help with heat perse. Mine will be for sale shortly. where in MA are you?

Best I got to beat the sweaty spots is:

antimonkeybutt.jpg

It helps with dryness. After that, adventure riding types swear by sheepskin seat covers to keep the air flowing under your tail.

I've been using real sheepskin covers for years in the summer and on long trips. I sewed Velcro in five places (two on each side and one in front) and riveted the opposite pieces to the underside of my Corbin seat. Takes just a couple minutes to install / remove. None of the hardware is visible when the cover is removed.

Ditto sheepskin. Might not real fit the look of a vmax but quite effective. Used them riding all over Mexico. Guess you could try dying it black.

Hi fellas,

hot days has my fellas a little hot - especially when you have to cruise through town at 40 to get to the good roads....

so as I was puttering in the garage yesterday - I had a thought...
the faux air scoops have solid stock covers on the front - but are of the correct shape to channel air to the back of the engine area - and then under the seat....

has anyone tried to drill holes in the front of the faux air scoops?

Hi fellas,

hot days has my fellas a little hot - especially when you have to cruise through town at 40 to get to the good roads....

so as I was puttering in the garage yesterday - I had a thought...
the faux air scoops have solid stock covers on the front - but are of the correct shape to channel air to the back of the engine area - and then under the seat....

has anyone tried to drill holes in the front of the faux air scoops?

I did remove some of the stock square lovers in the front of the scoops to vent cool air around the electrics. But keeping rain out is a concern too.

Back