UFO 4 into 2 STREET PRO SLASH CUT too noisy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordie

Reaction score
Just purchased a 1998 VMax with quite new UFO full exhaust system c/w slash pipes-is there a way to quieten down the exhaust ? I love it but others may not. Thanks in advance ... :ummm:

Just like Mars said. I had a 4-1 UFO with the slash cut, love the look and sound. But even with ear plugs my right ears was bleeding and ringing.. Broke down and got the UFO megaphone, there are 2 different end caps they sell. 2 1/2" & a 1 1/2" opening. The larger is louder than the smaller one. If it seems too loud a you can repack them with packing vs the steel wool that's in it when you order.

I have the UFO 4-2 system, and it was too loud for me. I bought some mufflers from Sean Morley that work great, now it sounds fantastic. I had to heat and bend the short connector tubes slightly, not much really, for them to fit. I'd recommend that you contact Sean.

That's a question for the motor guru's .. I know you have scavenging and back pressure I know ufo did ample testing on the slash cut so you're adding more back pressure by restricting flow .. I know there's a disclaimer for the speakeasy and the vmax. I fixed mine by buying another vmax with supertraps for little less noise for 2 up and I will leave my 85 with the dragstar for hot rodding noisey fun with double ear plugs ..

Latest posts

Back