Stock exhaust mod?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tellmeall

Reaction score
Hello to everyone
I've all parts to unlock my 100hp vmax but I have a question.
Japanese mufflers have smaller holes(21mm) so air flow is lower(I think so). Is there any way to make these mufflers full version mufflers? Or only way is buying 145hp mufflers?
This is my exhaust.
[http://imageshack.com/a/img538/8262/nFYitJ.jpg
Mike

Someone already drilled-out your megaphones. I wouldn't bother messing w/the stock system, I'd just spring for a new exhaust. Be careful what you buy, you could end up w/an ear-splitting headache every time you ride, if you go for the 'competition baffle,' or some such.

Yes,but drilling out mufflers won't change air flow right?
And because of small central hole(in comparison to full version mufflers) I'll lose some hp,right?

You won't lose power. The scavenging is virtually the same, and the initial diameter of the header isn't changing. All you're getting is different sound. I liked it when I had drilled stock pipes.

So if I'm unlocking vmax I don't need to change my mufflers to full version mufflers despite of smaller diameter in my current mufflers?

If it's smaller (the i.d. of the baffle & outlet), you may actually gain power in the low & midrange, but sacrifice a bit on top of your rpm's. Higher exhaust gases velocity results from a smaller diameter. How much time do you spend riding at 7500+ rpm's?

If you want to cheap-out, drill-out your other end cap holes to the same diameter and see if you like the new sound. If you are intent on getting the most power, then probably a 4/1 and re-jetting are required. The Kerker 4/1 requires cutting a centerstand bracket, the UFO 4/1 doesn't, but you need to remove it. You can replace it for service. Be forewarned the UFO Dragstar is going to require you to wear earplugs! It's that loud.

I like stock exhaust look so I don't want to buy aftermarket exhaust. I don't ride at +7500 very often so few horses less isn't a problem for me.
Will I have any troubles with carbs(like to rich mixture or sort of) if I drill out 3 more holes in each mufflers to make it louder?

Back